Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2012 5:13:43 PM EDT
SO....... where i work, i see an awful lot of custom AR's and Barrels for ar-15 rifles, and i see an awful lot of good barrels...... but to bring one home, is a rare treat!

my new sweet heart....

18"
1-8" twist
custom ported, 7 each side, 45' off center line, and countersunk
custom off angle flutes

NOTE.... look how the flutes are opposite angled, to make those sweet end cuts that face eachother...... GOD I LOVE THIS THING

Actually i think we may end up producing these i like it so much....

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That is pretty sexy. Who makes them?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
thats a sweet barrel buddy.  havent seen/talked to you in awhile either.  hope your doing well.

we need to see the full profile of that bad boy!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Trident Armory.....
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
ya, im doing really well.... got married in june, and now im tryin to get caught up with business..... seems like ill never get there....
I got a guy doing the milling and machining now, and he is AWESOME>>>

the thing thats great is you give this guy an idea, and then tell him to  "go nuts with it".... 2 hours later he plops this on the bench and i started dripping tears.

may have even lost a little real estate in my pants.

but i guess thats why im payin him the big bucks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]
You all take orders for custom barrels? I'm looking for a 24" SS bbl, and the fluting and integral comp would be perfect for it. .223 wylde 1/8 twist.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thats a sweet barrel buddy.  havent seen/talked to you in awhile either.  hope your doing well.

we need to see the full profile of that bad boy!

zip up your pants, here it is...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Very different for sure, but it looks good! I'm interested to see how well it shoots.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
im sure ill find a 1" load.... if i dont, itll end up in the spare parts pile.....
we're pretty tight on tolerances round this place.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice, I bet that'll be a great race gun setup. How's the accuracy expected to be?

Non threaded barrels are hard to find these days, at least for AR's. Very frustrating. I don't wanna spring for a high end match barrel like krieger, but it seems like the options jump from el'cheapo to that level if you want a clean muzzle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Non threaded barrels are hard to find these days, at least for AR's. Very frustrating. I don't wanna spring for a high end match barrel like krieger, but it seems like the options jump from el'cheapo to that level if you want a clean muzzle.

serious question
Can I ask why you need a non threaded barrel? Isn't it usually argued to have barrels threaded to put something on there to protect the crown?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice, I bet that'll be a great race gun setup. How's the accuracy expected to be?

we dont let anythin' leave the shop that wont shoot 1"@100y.....

if this wont be under that, ill be pissed
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't mind seeing that in a .308!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#13]
What's barrel like that cost?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#14]
beautiful barrel!
congratulations
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#15]
im not here to sell product, i avoid that here for the most part... this is a place for me to look around and dream....

my barrrel retails for 340..... but  its a 750" diameter....and 18" long
the longer ones(20/24") are 390, but they are target diameter
and the 308 version is also .750" and is 375  in the 16/18" versions...

but the shop specializes in custom work, so anything can be done.... guys are pretty reasonable.

and btw, i have no use for a flash suppressor to protect the crown of the muzzle on a comp rig or a target gun.... id only do that if it was a beater gun...
this match gun will be well cared for, so dropping it isnt going to be a frequent event....
additionally, we have a method of removing the lands in the muzzle of the barrel for the first .250" at the muzzle which completely protects them from the muzzle being hit on the ground.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
im not here to sell product, i avoid that here for the most part... this is a place for me to look around and dream.....

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

thank you for posting that, I made a profile last night after seeing your pictures.... ive been loitering in the background of this site for some time now, and i want to ensure that we here at trident do not use this site for "plugging product".  Though i will say from a completely "AR-owner" perspective.... that barrel is beautiful.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't think thats going to work very well for 3-gun, but I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#18]
That barrel is totally SICK!!!!!

I want to see pics of the complete rifle and how it performs.

Very nice work.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top