Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 4:39:46 AM EDT
Well I have found my A1 upper (without case deflector), Now while looking at the front sight base it appears that removing the sight will not provide the clearance needed to remove the gas tube. So do I knock the pins out of the sight tower or should I just remove the gas tube roll pin or does this setup require both to be preformed?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You knock the gas tube roll pin out of the FSB then remove the gas tube, then remove the barrel from the A2 upper and install it on your A1 upper, torque it to spec and reinstall the gas tube and gas tube roll pin.  No need to knock out the taper pins.  The only time you need to remove the taper pins is to change out the FSB with a different gas block or completely remove the barrel nut from the barrel.

If you don't have the means to do this you can send it to me and I'll do it free of charge, only you pay the shipping.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, glad I waited before I started pounding.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
yep, just knock the roll pin out and work the gas tube out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:01:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the confirmation.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top