Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 8:21:04 AM EDT
Have yall had any experience with Total Silences  XM 607 HGs, they say there delicate to make, are they delicate on the gun? Thanks, Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
search xm177 and then im uxb, he has a few of them and could comment on them
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
No, they are not delicate on the gun.  The making part is a problem because you have to cut not only the handguard but also the thin heat shield inside and in a way that you do not mess up the little pin that holds the heat shield in place.  I buy the triangular handguard cap that fits into the delta ring and then make my own handguards.  I do this because I make them a little longer than Total Silence or others like Hay River Trading used to do them.  That way they are really tight and do not move or rattle at all.  Only problem is that you have to take the front sight off to put them on and take them off.
Everyone that I know who uses them likes them even better than the regular carbine handguards.  They seem to dissipate heat better, but I am not sure why that is.  Of course they do not dissipate heat better than the M4 handguards.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I buy the triangular handguard cap that fits into the delta ring and then make my own handguards.  
Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms

Where do ya buy the delta ring cap at?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I buy the triangular handguard cap that fits into the delta ring and then make my own handguards.  
Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms

Where do ya buy the delta ring cap at?

I would like to know as well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
you can buy just parts from total silence if im not mistaken
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, once in awhile Total Silence will have a sale on just the delta ring base cap for the triangular handguards.  I buy several and put them away for a rainy day.  I used to be able to buy just the delta ring cap from Hay River Trading, but I believe that they went out of business.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top