Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 2:14:07 PM EDT
I received 500rds of XM193 from the Ammoman. My hat's off to him. Talk about fast service. Ordered Mon. here today. My question is this. the ammo is packed in brown boxes marked lot #075. However the rounds are mixed dates form 2001 to 2004. Primers are different colrs also. Some brass, some grey in color. My question is this. Is this normal. My previous experience with XM193 is with some that I bought at a gun show. This was in white boxes marked lot #7 dated 2001. All the carrtidges are the same. Same headstamp,same color primers. So...what gives?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
My order from eric will arrive on Monday.  I'll check to see if I have the same.  Otherwise, I guess we all know that the Ammoman is the best out there...so I trust everything is ok with this ammo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm... all the XM193 (all under lot #10) that I have has matched cases and primers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I received 2 cases from Ammoman 2 weeks ago - ordered online at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, UPS delivered 3:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Lot-76,  with mixed LC01, LC02, LC03, LC04, all Nato cross in circle, ~ 50% red primer sealant, 50% no visible primer sealant.  

Fired 60 rounds of this and 40 rounds of AE223 from Sportsman's Guide this afternoon - no failures, consistent 2"/50 yd accuracy with both loads.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
So what's with the mixed brass. I don't mind, just curious. My Bushmaster 14.5 upper on my Oly lower loves this stuff. At least it liked the LC01. First group out of the rifle at 50yds. was so tight I hate to mention it. Almost one hole. After that, however I couldn't match that. But it will generally stay in about a 1" group if I do my part. Open sights and old eyes sometimes don't work as well as they used to. Got a scope my buddy gave me. Going to try that out and see what happens. Hope to put an EOtech or similar on it.
This is my close quarter zombie eliminator that compliments my long range zombie slayer.(.308 bolt gun ).
Just for the record, my 16" Oly upper shoots Q3131A better than XM193. Just goes to show you that each rifle is a law unto itself even on the same lower.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a case from Ammoman today Lot-075 and it all looks good to me brass primers, but I only opened up 5 boxes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my case of 500 from Ammoman as well, Lot-075.

Opened up 1 box and the boxes remind me of the little snacks they include in the MREs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew there was something that I liked about those boxes. It must be MRE nostalgia (Hmmm, cold  4 year-old omlet). If only they would get rid of the plastic inserts so I could more easily dump the rounds into a nice big pile.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:21:06 AM EDT
[#8]
hah or the chicken that always somehow tastes like tuna.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I knew there was something that I liked about those boxes. It must be MRE nostalgia (Hmmm, cold  4 year-old omlet). If only they would get rid of the plastic inserts so I could more easily dump the rounds into a nice big pile.  

well, if you used stripper clips, theres an easier way to load them out of the box
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=205214
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Seamonkey,

I love this site.  you learn somthing everday.

Badredfish
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Just checked again. Must have been the lighting conditions. Opened some more boxs. Primers all seem the same. Will have to look at them in the daylight. Amazing how the lighting can change the appearance of things.Did notice some red sealant on some of the primers. Still, all in all, it's damn good ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top