Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:36:03 AM EDT
I am building a XM177, I need the front HG ring and a good set of HG's anyone know where I can get them? Thanks,Dean
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Whether you use a flat or tapered ring depends on whether you're building a 609, 610 or 629.  If you need a flat slip ring, Sir Plus Supply or CMMG have them.  If you don't mind refinishing it, member dean3006 has some cheap, send him a PM.  You'll need some 6-hole carbine handguards.  If you're not into strict authenticity, CDNN still has their Israeli manufactured 6 holers on sale for $9.99.  The only difference is that these have the part number molded into them.  Both the handguards and the slip rings show up on the EE often too.  Good luck with your build, and don't forget to post pics when you're done.

ETA: I just noticed you said FRONT handguard ring - just a standard round ring available anywhere...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I found the HG's, anyone have the front ring?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
They have the handguard rings in round or triangular:
Fulton Armory
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember, depending on your barrel, there are .625" and .750" holed front retainers.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top