Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/28/2003 9:34:08 PM EDT
I just read on the site that lower recievers have to be handled as handguns. I currently am of legal age to own long guns, but does this mean if I decide to build my next AR myself I cant buy the lower?? If this is really true can I buy a lower that has a rifle stock already attatched?

PS: Sorry I can't spell I am only coherent right now because of Red Bull and Mountian Dew.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:42:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By moreammoplease: I just read on the site that lower recievers have to be handled as handguns.
View Quote
Correct me if I am wrong but to my understanding the only lower receivers that are treated as handguns are those registered as handguns. Any other receivers are ment to be long arms are treated as such.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:47:02 PM EDT
I thought it was the same way. Can you provide a link to where it says they are to be treated as handguns? Steve.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 10:20:38 PM EDT
It's true that only lowers that are going to be handguns are considered handguns. A lower to be build into a rifle is simply considered a rifle with a zero inch barrel, at least in CT. The lower is legal for anyone 18 or older to possess.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:27:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:40:08 AM EDT
Oh, ok. Yea I had no problems buying the "evil" guns here in Ohio it was alway just like a rifle. Here is what I thought meant they had to be handled as pistols. [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=163870[/url] Thanks for your help. I probably just read this wrong last night. I was really runing on the ragged edge.
Top Top