Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 7:53:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/30/2009 7:57:06 PM EDT by jblomenberg16]
The dust cover on the top of the PMAGs had a built in magpul loop, such as the ranger plate loop?  Once you snap the lid off the mag, you can snap it on the bottom, and have you a loop ready and willing to go.

May be a stupid idea, but I would like it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:54:47 PM EDT
I would prefer something a little more permanently attached
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:51:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jblomenberg16:
The dust cover on the top of the PMAGs had a built in magpul loop, such as the ranger plate loop?  Once you snap the lid off the mag, you can snap it on the bottom, and have you a loop ready and willing to go.

May be a stupid idea, but I would like it.

I think it would be cool if they could get them to not pull off when you yank 'em, but I'm not sure if magpul would want to give them away free.  

Cool idea nonetheless!  
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:05:25 AM EDT
That some good feedback guys.  When I snap the covers onto the bottom of the mags I have, they seem pretty secure.  While not as secure as an entirely new floor plate, I'd have to think they are able to take a pretty significant straight pull, since you have to un-snap them by prying the tab with your finger and rocking it off, rather than pulling straight.  I've never run the original slip on style Magpuls, but would think those would be easier to pull straight off than a dust cover type design.

Another good point is Magpul probably wouldn't give them away, but they could add them into the cost of the mag, or sell them as aftermarket items like today's ranger plates and magpul loops.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:32:32 AM EDT
Hell, I just wish the covers would come off the mags without permanently bruising my thumb and making me curse like a sailor. If I got caught in a firefight, they'd probably find me dead with my thumb on the cover tab.

Top Top