Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2009 1:52:32 PM EDT
I'm thinking about  it because these just came into stock and I want one!

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r-16-556&cat=51&page=1&search=&since=&status=
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the AK, and your ammo/mag stash for them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#2]
a Lancaster Russian Red and Elk River Forge AKM, have 3 others
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Being older and (I hope) wiser... as an old fart who traded/sold many guns to later regret it... do not sell off to buy.

Hang in there and save to buy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Being older and (I hope) wiser... as an old fart who traded/sold many guns to later regret it... do not sell off to buy.

Good advice...hopefully this indicates that Noveske will have a decent supply for a while
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
[DUPE)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Man after my own heart. I sold a gun once...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
If you have 3 others aside from the two you are selling and the two you are selling add nothing to your collection from a function standpoint, I'd say go for it.

My rule is, if I sell a rifle and replace it with one that is more useful to the collection and fills a role better than the ones I've sold...then its good to go.

But im not a collector.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
So long as it was not my folding stock AK.

that being said I agree unless the ones your selling you would get rid of regardless.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have sold and regretted:
M1 carbine
SKS
Walther P-38
Star 30M

I have sold and NOT regretted:
Davis .380
Ruger .22 pistol

If there is even a chance that there will come a time when you wish you still had it then do not sell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey, you got more guns than God. Sell a couple of the AK's. ... you have plenty more.

I dumped my AK's and SKS's to graduate to AR's and never looked back. (Of course, I sold at the top of the market and got a grand for the last AK and $525 apiece for the SKS's.)

Seriously, I look at guns like any other commodity. There's only so many you can shoot at a given time, so keep what you like the most and what you shoot the most and let someone else enjoy the others. There's some satisfaction in financing a purchase with the proceeds of a sale.

ETA: Someone mentioned ammo - I had a bunch of 7.62 rattling around when I sold out of that caliber, so I sold them on Gunbroker ... made an extra $6-700 on that, too!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=r-16-556&cat=51&page=1&search=&since=&status=

I would say no... Dude, you already have so many AR's, honestly what is one more?  I'd say variety is the spice of life when it comes to guns.  Maybe it is time to try a different platform to add to your collections besides beautiful AR's.  Plus, you can never have too many Ak's either.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say no... Dude, you already have so many AR's, honestly what is one more?  I'd say variety is the spice of life when it comes to guns.  Maybe it is time to try a different platform to add to your collections besides beautiful AR's.  Plus, you can never have too many Ak's either.

True. I just wanted a factory Noveske, that's one I don't have
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I would hang on to my AK rifles. They will become scarce again once the gun grabbers get bold enough to push their agenda and stop imports of all AK kits. The AR will always be available, just save a little longer or buy a cheaper AR.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, I think I'm gonna exercise a little self-discipline. Coz then I'l want an optic..etc..etc. Right at the Bush ban of '89 I had 9 AKs, including 3 legend series. Wish I'd hung onto them!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell no.

AB
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I tend to ask myself, "Will I regret this down the road"? I sold my sks to fund my AR build and I dont regret that at all. Although at times I wish I had BOTH!! But I still dont regret it.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't because AK parts kits in the US are drying up.  Keep what you have.  Save to buy AR.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I  think maybe I'll satisfy my urge for instant gratification by ordering a K of PRVI m855 from Wideners!
I'm definitely holding on to this one. It's a Maadi, one of the first civvie AKs imported, I bought in 1983. Shot about 50 rounds through it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you have 3 others aside from the two you are selling and the two you are selling add nothing to your collection from a function standpoint, I'd say go for it.

My rule is, if I sell a rifle and replace it with one that is more useful to the collection and fills a role better than the ones I've sold...then its good to go.

But im not a collector.

Great post!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Always have lots and lots of guns so if your wife gets mad you can sell one and still have lots and lots of guns.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Always have lots and lots of guns so if your wife gets mad you can sell one and still have lots and lots of guns.

No wife yet, should I get one or another AR?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I  think maybe I'll satisfy my urge for instant gratification by ordering a K of PRVI m855 from Wideners!
I'm definitely holding on to this one. It's a Maadi, one of the first civvie AKs imported, I bought in 1983. Shot about 50 rounds through it.
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/IMG_1385.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/IMG_1386.jpg

I satisfied mine this week with an IWB Galco holster for my 38 S&W, a 5.11 tac soft case, and a Blackhawk Serpa. Do it itll make ya feel better.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Or get a new couch

ETA: After further review it wouldnt be the same without the blue couch.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Sell the couch? NEVER!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:48:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I drool at all the AR's you have,especially the MK12. Givng that you own that tack driver, I don't think you would gain anything other than owning a full factory rifle. I'm not too fond of the SWS rails. Even though they're built like a tank, they are by far, the heaviest rails out of all the AR's I own. a majority of the 11+ Ar's I own are Noveske's and even though it hurts to say this, I'd say pass on it and keep the AK's.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I drool at all the AR's you have,especially the MK12. Givng that you own that tack driver, I don't think you would gain anything other than owning a full factory rifle. I'm not too fond of the SWS rails. Even though they're built like a tank, they are by far, the heaviest rails out of all the AR's I own. a majority of the 11+ Ar's I own are Noveske's and even though it hurts to say this, I'd say pass on it and keep the AK's.

Yeah..actually its a bit of remorse. I  had the same Noveske recon rifle I put together with a separate upper and lower and sold it a few months ago. Maybe I feel guilty!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#27]
No offense but those 2 AK's would not pay the whole tab on that Noveske (over)price tag.  Sorry my opinion.  So you'd actually have to put cash out as well.
ame from)
Plus it doesnt get much better than that Mk12 Mod1 you just built and its every bit as accurate as the Noveske (or more knowing who it came from).

I have a Yugo M92 that Ive been thinking of selling and keep telling myself, "dont do it".

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:55:12 PM EDT
[#28]

If I made a list of the guns I have sold or traded to get other guns I would cry..........long and loud. I really do not like to think about it.

Now if I had half a dozen or more of the EXACT kind of rifle, like my K31's, then I might think about selling 2 or 3 to finance another acquisition.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah..actually its a bit of remorse. I  had the same Noveske recon rifle I put together with a separate upper and lower and sold it a few months ago. Maybe I feel guilty!

That's a tough one then. I definitely know what that feels like. I sold a Springfiled Operator and I regret it every time I see one. Like i said earlier, even thoughkeeping the AK's would be logical, would you actually really regret getting rid of them? If it were me, I would get the Noveske only because I'm not a huge fan of AK's. I filled my piston urges with 2 LWRC's and a LMT MRP CQB piston...

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree...my father gave me this same advice years ago.  I have regretted trading or selling some of my guns in the past.
Keep your guns, save for more!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#31]
dont sell them just send them my way Seriously though jcrowl you have an amazing collection of ars already. I would hold onto the AKs unless it was something i really couldnt live without.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#32]
ALLLL depends.  If you can sell them and get a good price then go for it.  If you take a big loss then wait it out.  Noveske makes a great product and usually are sold out of it, get it while you can so you dont sit there thinking ahhhhhh I had the chance and missed it for the months/ years to come.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#33]
No, just save up
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad I just saw this thread, I almost forgot I have a Bulgy 74 in the the back corner of the safe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#35]
You have about 3.2million AR's I don't think you'll lose much sleep over not have 1 more

That said, that Noveske is pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Considering that I don't really care for AK's, Hell yea I'd sell them for 1 AR. I was never really a fan of AK's for personal reasons, although I'll probably end up getting one. The AR platform is by far my most favorite rilfe, and I guess the AK is a distant second. Flame suit on.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Never sell a gun to buy another one!!!!

You will regret it.  If you don't like a gun, that is one thing, but if you do like it, you will regret selling it.

Speaking of selling guns, how much do you want for the AK? . . . . . .
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Personally I would sell the AKs and get the Noveske.

It's a win/win in the fact that you now have more mags and ammo for the other AKs and you have common mags and ammo for the Noveske.

The two AKs aren't all that special when compared to a complete Noveske.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But im not a collector.

THIS

I just traded an SLR107FR for an LMT Defender, fair trade for now, but those Arsenal guns have a tendency to appreciate in value. I also sold a RRA Tac Entry the other day and paid off my KAC SR15 E3 with the funds.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
No offense but those 2 AK's would not pay the whole tab on that Noveske (over)price tag.  Sorry my opinion.  So you'd actually have to put cash out as well.
ame from)
Plus it doesnt get much better than that Mk12 Mod1 you just built and its every bit as accurate as the Noveske (or more knowing who it came from).

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Sabre223/SPR/Mk12Mod0.jpg

I have a Yugo M92 that Ive been thinking of selling and keep telling myself, "dont do it".

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq323/Sabre223/MISC/DewaltM92.jpg

That MK12 Mod0 is my dream AR...I'm at the point where I'm willing to sell a couple of my AR's to fund the build...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks all of my arfcom friends..you've given me some guidance. Before BRD...I was into restoring M1 carbines to their WW2 configurations..only have 3 more to get all manufacturers...I'm sure the gun gods will undsrstand..(need an M1A also!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:56:25 PM EDT
[#43]
It depends, are you a collector or what?   I had about 8 AKs at one point and then realized they weren't doing anything but sitting there.  I sold two and bought a dirt bike which I ride twice a week to stay in shape, and sold two more to buy an AR.  Still have two AKs and an AR and a bunch of hand guns (which are actually the most practical of all of them).  No regrets whatsoever.  I only need a few rifles, not 10.

I love my AR but the AKs would be the last to go, because if the SHTF I know I can count on them no matter how dirty, muddy, sandy, they are.  

However having said that they would be my last resort also.

But, if you are a collector, keep saving and sell nothing.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Since they are kit builds, I'd sell them off(I prefer factory-built milled receiver AK's myself). I sold off all my AK kit builds(Vector, AK-USA, POHF, InRange, Magnum Gunsmithing etc.) during the buying frenzy last winter.

ETA-I've never regretted selling a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:38:26 PM EDT
[#45]
JC....sell the couch. lol
When i was kicking in doors in the NYPD, I lived by Steve's rule of thumb.......Steve was my partner, his rule of thumb was when looking at something you simply think you'll die without....ask yourself if you really need it and if you could get by without it. That said, I went without alot of shit in those days...........but nobody needs 5 AK's.....lol.....get the Noveske damn it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thanks all of my arfcom friends..you've given me some guidance. Before BRD...I was into restoring M1 carbines to their WW2 configurations..only have 3 more to get all manufacturers...I'm sure the gun gods will undsrstand..(need an M1A also!

Thats my ultimate goal in life. I think im going to start with the Thompson by Auto ordinace. I do have an opportunity to get an M1 for $545 through the civilian marksmanship program. Im trying to sell my motorcycle if I do between now and them im all over it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Never sell guns. That's my rule.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Never sell guns to buy another gun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top