Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/19/2003 6:04:36 PM EDT
Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2001

`(aa) UNAUTHORIZED SALE OR TRANSFER OF A QUALIFYING FIREARM- It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer a qualifying firearm to, or for, any person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, or to receive a qualifying firearm from a person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, unless, at the time and place of the transfer or receipt--..........

-SNIP-

....b) AMENDMENT TO TITLE 18, UNITED STATES CODE- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

`(35) The term `qualifying firearm'--......

`(A) means--

`(i) any handgun; or

`(ii) ANY semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device; and

`(B) does not include any antique.'.

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:49:54 PM EDT
Maybe I'm missing this but what are you exactly asking?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:07:34 PM EDT
I don't think I own anything that fits that description. [:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:19:14 PM EDT
It sounds to me like its saying that to transfer or sell a gun you must go through a FFL holder unless you do a face to face. If your asking if people who are on this board it they do this the answer is yes. I haven't heard of anyone not going through a FFL for a sale or transfer. I hope this is the answer you are looking for. I don't think that your question could be any more vague.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:41:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By whywork40: I haven't heard of anyone not going through a FFL for a sale or transfer. I hope this is the answer you are looking for. I don't think that your question could be any more vague.
View Quote
Here's one! Bought a 1911 from a friend just the other day. Private sales are still legal where I come from. Hoppy
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:54:08 AM EDT
Hoppy, They are here to in NC. They do suggest that if you do sell a firearm to someone that you get a permit (for a handgun) and something written out stating that so and so bought it from you on such and such date and both of you sign it as seller/buyer w/ serial number and model number and keep it forever. This for obvious reasons.
Top Top