Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2004 11:43:21 AM EDT
A few years ago I purchased a brand new Stoner/Knights SR-15 M4 at the right price.  I purchased it as a high-end buy to add to a collection of shooters and sitters.  The gun has been a safe queen and I never had any interest in shooting it and never did.  I have other ARs including  formerly "pre-ban" models.  With the peaceful passing of the AWB, I note the rush by many to convert their former"post-ban" rifles to threaded barrels (for A2s or phantoms)with new FSBs to add lugs.  I am wondering if the unfired Stoner rifle has any greater value if left untouched or whether I should go ahead and let Steve @ ADCO cut it down to 14.5" and add a phantom.  Any opinions?  Mark
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's unfired and you have no plans to make it a shooter, I would probably leave it the way it is.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is to remain as a collector piece, I wouldn't change it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]
What a waste. Guns need to be shot, not tucked away in a safe. At the very leasat, shoot the thing once.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Give it the works.I did My SR-15 as soon as I could.I sold the upper last year and waited patiently for awb to go away.

There is something about a Knights Gun in Pre-Ban Config. that is MEGA Cool!!

My .02
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Give it the works.I did My SR-15 as soon as I could.I sold the upper last year and waited patiently for awb to go away.

There is something about a Knights Gun in Pre-Ban Config. that is MEGA Cool!!

My .02

+1
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:33:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top