Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 3/12/2005 1:45:53 PM EST
My plan is to go with a 16" midlength and run a 3X compact acog.  The rifle will be used for general purpose shooting.  

I like the idea of using the CH Irons because if the optic goes out all you have to do is look under it.  

Would the A2 be better than going with an A3 then getting a removeable CH?

This is also going to be a budget carbine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:48:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:49:00 PM EST

Quoted:
I think the Comp ACOG works a lot better on the carry handles. I specically got a carry handle upper for mine.

that's what i've read.

Would you sugget an A2 or an A3 with removeable CH?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:55:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:01:40 PM EST

Quoted:
I actually used a A1 upper for mine. I dont use the elevation wheel for the rear sight and the A1 is lighter weight. The A2 is a little heavier, but the A3 with carry handlle is the heaviest of all of them. It would give you the most flexibility if you want to change it up later on, but if you are pretty sure that the Comp ACOG is what you want for this gun, I would get a fixed carry handle.

I'm going to get proficient with irons first then move to the compact acog.

When I turn 21 I'm going to get a SBR and run a 11.5 with a ML2.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:23:54 PM EST
get the A3 flattop, BUIS sights, and the ACOG
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:29:24 PM EST
Unless you want a clone for collecting there is little reason for an A2, since the A3 can do anything the A2 can do, and has more options long term.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:29:39 PM EST
I want the compact ACOG mounted on a CH.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:32:37 PM EST

Quoted:

I agree.  Even if you only plan on using the iron sights now, it's best to have the flexibility for further down the road.  I got an A2 Upper about three years ago thinking the same thing and I regret not spending the extra and getting the A3.

It's an AR, the multiplicity of configurations is one of it's best features.  Might as well take advantage of it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:10:28 PM EST
I had several A1 and A2 uppers, but have since changed all of them out to A3's.  There are no advantages to the A1 or A2 that I can think of, unless you want a bare bones, no optics rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:10:45 AM EST

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.  Even if you only plan on using the iron sights now, it's best to have the flexibility for further down the road.  I got an A2 Upper about three years ago thinking the same thing and I regret not spending the extra and getting the A3.

It's an AR, the multiplicity of configurations is one of it's best features.  Might as well take advantage of it.

+1
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:38:08 AM EST
I really like my Comp on fixed CH

Top Top