Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/23/2003 11:36:37 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Colt MT6400C(MT Colt M4). It is put together very well, and looks cool and all that. I don't like the Miculek Comp look, and we all understand the non-standard trigger assembly pins. Overall, with the neat M4Carbine and the Colt Defense on the receiver, it is enthralling. BUT.......

Compared to my Bushmasters, it does not seem the one I would get down into the dirt with. I'm sure it would perform flawlessly, but it does not strike me as something I would dare take to the party(just too pretty).
What do you other Colt owners think of applying real world tactics to the Collector Colts? Just let the kids play, or what?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:01:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2003 12:04:54 AM EDT by Potter_Sherman_T]
I think it's kinda' a Ford v. Chevy thing... All of the major manufacturers built excellent rifles... Colt has the distinction of being the "first" (unless you ask Armalite...) so you get the guys that say "if it isn't a Colt, it's a copy..." but that's really just hype...IMNSHO... Different manufacturers offer different configurations / features, and that's good 'cause it gives us choice... how much less interesting this board be if we all had the same kind / config of rifle... but at the end of the day the rifle is a machine... if it's built well, to spec, with good materials by reputable people that know what they're doing... it's a wash... until you get some guy with a decal of a kid wearing an Armalite T-shirt taking a piss on a Colt plastered to the back window of his '78 Chev half-ton to tell you different... here again, IMNSHO.... As for not wanting to get into the dirt with your Colt... and with all due respect... that's all in your head... the rifle doesn't care... you do... STP. Edited to add: I own a Colt, LE6920... it gets dirty... so I clean it... [8D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:03:56 AM EDT
I have a stamped Colt AR15A3 that I use all the time. Most of it is for clearing houses, apartments and other CQB stuff. It is no vault queen, it gets treated like the tool it is. I take mine to the party every day, it does everything I need.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:33:49 AM EDT
I have Armalite's Bushy's and Colt's {pre-ban's} they are all much the same, so you decide, to me there is no differences between AR's just different variations. All function very reliable and look great. Love them all.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:04:21 AM EDT
It's made to shoot - so shoot it. When it get's dirty, clean it. If you want to leave it on a wall you might as well have a poster!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:20:55 AM EDT
I have a Colt and Bushy,similar styles, both purchased new. The Colt I keep close to its original configuration (with exception of easily changed out furniture). The Bushy I dick around with. Kind of like the difference between your good car and winter beater.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:39:48 AM EDT
To be honest with y'all, I get tired of hearing about Colt. Especially from those who consistently say "If it ain't a Colt it's a clone." Heck, shoot what feels good to you and what you can afford. If you spend more than you can afford then the fun of shooting will probably fall to the wayside. Like the previous poster mentioned -- they're all made good, some better than others though. Some drive vehicles that cost $50k or more, some drive $20k or less. Enjoy your firearms amd to hell with what anybody says about your piece!
Top Top