Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/24/2003 4:59:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/24/2003 5:00:26 AM EDT by JSIG]
Hello everyone. I just wanted to ask if anyone thinks that Breakfree LP may be a better lube than CLP since it is thicker and does not contain the solvent content of CLP. I have read numerous opinions of CLP being somewhat of a "compromise" in performance as far as lube goes, and that Miltec does not protect against corrosion well. Break Free LP is both a little thicker lube that seems to lubricate better than CLP and still has the preservative and rust preventative content of CLP. What does everyone think? Thanks for replies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 5:40:54 AM EDT
I'm with you. I use the LP as opposed to CLP. The higher viscosity of the LP over CLP impressed me. I have used it for about 2 years now on my highpower AR's and have noticed no difference in functioning, etc. It works for me.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:53:53 PM EDT
What you’re saying makes sense. However, in my limited experience I’ve never seen a properly maintained AR develop wear problems, so I’m not sure there’s a big advantage to what you are suggesting (though there probably is some). Also consider that if you use just an LP, you’ll need to use a separate solvent first. I admit I prefer an LP on a handgun since it’s thicker and doesn’t get on your clothes or sprayed on your glasses when shooting. But for an AR, a CLP does all I need.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:31:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2003 11:31:29 PM EDT by bradcdavis00]
I use only CLP on my AR and have switched to CLP for all my guns. I have no problems to report. Regards, Brad
Top Top