Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:20:43 AM EDT
What's the worst problem you've had on one of your builds? I'm trying to learn more about how simple it is.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't find the parts to build:

MP5 (semi, of course)
AR-10 (or eq.)
15-rnd 6" 1911 (me have big paws, me want )
or the money!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
money
waiting for parts to come in from mail order
time
money

read the tacked threads up above and see if they appeal to you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
money
time
money

Ain't that the truth.
My upper finally came today.
Now I'm waiting on a set of handguards...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Deciding what style to build next. And of course trying to find the best prices on-line without shipping eating your lunch.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
money
time
money

Ain't that the truth.
My upper finally came today.
Now I'm waiting on a set of handguards...

+1
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Waiting for detent pins to re-enter earth's atmosphere after launch
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Money, plain and simple.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Shipping costs!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Worst problem I ever had was getting some FSB pins out of a bushmaster... was like my 5th one to take apart.  Ended up dremeling it.  Bet I could have gotten them out today, with a little more experience.

Hmmm... assembling lower receivers without first checking to make sure the bolt catch hole for the roll pin is not too tight.

Forgetting to make sure the safety detent slips freely in the lower before forcing it in there.

Checking the front takedown pin to ensure it isnt out of spec before trying to install it with the detent.

Breaking the cheap ass DPMS stock wrenches when taking off a tight/staked stock nut off a carbine.

None of these are a big deal tho.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#10]
biggest problem I had was getting mine to run after the initial build, but that is when I found this website, and found out how easy it was to fix the problem.   All I needed was a D-Fender but I used a short piece of polymer tubing instead and then it ran like a raped Ape on Speed.  and it still does same Ar now in its 3 rd configuration.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:56:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Bad chambers on barrels. Get it all together lined up sighted in then find out after forty or fifty rounds the chamber is rough and it will never be a really reliable barrel. Plenty of bandaid fixes but nothing you want to have to count on,
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Waiting for detent pins to re-enter earth's atmosphere after launch

The sound they make as they launch "F@CK!" That little tool from brownells is woth it's weight in gold.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Having access to 10K square ft of AR15 shit/ being able to get it at cost and not being able to decide what to build next.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#14]
+1 on the Bushy FSB's. Before all the .625 gas blocks and such were available I fragged a FSB on a Bushy superlight. I sent it to a member in another state who tried to remove it, and eventually milled the pin out. When it was all said and done with I had basically 2 choices. I could either ditch the barrel or buy the $200 PRI flip up FSB for .625 barrels. I bought the PRI. I wish I'd never sold that upper.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#15]
FSB pins in general.  Not only did I bugger up my FSB getting them out initially, then, when I went to reinstall them, magically one of the pins was out of spec.  Then, throughout screwing with that, I eneded up putting a small gash in my FF forearm.  There's a thread about my problems floating around here.

Everything else was cake.... and more importantly.  FUN.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#16]
There is this website that causes all sorts of problems........

EVIL Website

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top