Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2010 6:39:24 AM EDT
I remember seeing this ammo a coiuple of years ago and found some available online. Does anyone have any experience with it? It has a muzzle velocity of 3250 and 1289 ft pounds of muzzle energy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:53:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gunner-1:
I remember seeing this ammo a coiuple of years ago and found some available online. Does anyone have any experience with it? It has a muzzle velocity of 3250 and 1289 ft pounds of muzzle energy.

Wolf is a marketing company. They sell ammunition made by a number of different firms as their different product lines. ALL brass-cased "Wolf" ammunition is made by Prvi Partisan. Prvi has a good reputation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:16:55 AM EDT
Went thru 1000 rnds like crack cocaine. My buddy loved it in his Thompson. That stuff was gtg at 200yds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:24:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:43:41 AM EDT
good wolf=prvi partizan=excellent ammo.

My dad and I are stocking up on the prvi partizan 75 grain match. I've been shooting high power almost exclusively. This stuff is more than good enough for me. From what I've heard from other high power shooters, Sierra match kings make a difference at the X ring, but not at the 10 ring.

If the wolf is made by prvi, buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:18:41 AM EDT
Before everyone praises prvi too hard: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=20&t=100253

I got a squid load from them this weekend in their 380acp ammo. Maybe their .223/5.56 is better. But I think I bought my first and last box of prvi. (More for you guys.) Besides, I have always been able to find stuff better and cheaper other than a few months during the ammo scare.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:29:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By runawayabc123:
Before everyone praises prvi too hard: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=20&t=100253

I got a squid load from them this weekend in their 380acp ammo. Maybe their .223/5.56 is better. But I think I bought my first and last box of prvi. (More for you guys.) Besides, I have always been able to find stuff better and cheaper other than a few months during the ammo scare.

"Squib" load. Interestingly enough, EVERY ammo maker has some small percentage of mistakes go out the door, including Winchester. I once bought a box of Q3131 that had TWO rounds that lacked a rim...the cases just weren't made with one, but they went through the whole manufacturing and inspection process and got into a box. To be honest, this is the first negative I've ever heard about Prvi ammo.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:13:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
Originally Posted By runawayabc123:

I got a squib load from them this weekend in their 380acp ammo. Maybe their .223/5.56 is better. But I think I bought my first and last box of prvi. (More for you guys.) Besides, I have always been able to find stuff better and cheaper other than a few months during the ammo scare.

"Squib" load. Interestingly enough, EVERY ammo maker has some small percentage of mistakes go out the door, including Winchester. I once bought a box of Q3131 that had TWO rounds that lacked a rim...the cases just weren't made with one, but they went through the whole manufacturing and inspection process and got into a box. To be honest, this is the first negative I've ever heard about Prvi ammo.

I'll be honest, all the ranting and raving about prvi on this site is why I bought the box since it was a bit more expensive then other cheaper stuff. It was weak loaded and also lead to two other FTE. I was VERY unimpressed with it. Of four brands (s&b, mfs, pmc, prvi), it was the weakest performer in 380.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:17:38 PM EDT
Sounds like I'll steer clear of their .380 then...
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:25:54 PM EDT
If nothing else, I would tell you to avoid that lot number.
Top Top