Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 11:34:51 AM EDT
I have heard from quite a few people that I should not use Wolf Ammo in my Rock River Arms AR15. The main issue seems to be the steel case and the coating on the case.

I think the newer Wolf rounds have a polymer coating so I don't see why that would hurt anything. I have a 5.56 chamber so I would think that it would have no problem with Wolf .223. I would like to use Wolf because it is so inexpensive.

Has anyone else had problems with this ammo in an AR15?

Has anyone had good results with this ammo in an AR15?

What about the accuracy? I would only use this ammo for plinking, I only use Wichester Q3131 5.56 ammo for home defense and when accuracy really matters. The prices I have seen on Wolf are half the price of any good brass case ammo I have seen.

Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
This topic has never been discussed before!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
try it in your rifle.  If it works, you're good.

If not, you're not.

Easy.

I shoot thousands of rounds of the stuff in my bushy and my rra.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive shot thousands of rounds between my Armalite and my Bushmaster and have had no problems or broken parts attributed to Wolf Ammo-

<------Converted member of the WAADL
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't do it, Wolf will Steal your baby and sleep with your wife when you are at work.

Wolf ammo,  when fired, seeds the atmosphere and causes rainclouds to form, as well as degrades the ozone layer.

The picture of the wolf actually hides a microprocessor and surveillance equipment so that the russians can spy one you and hopefully gain account information.  This extra funding helps them sell the ammo so cheaply.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#5]
GOOD LORD DO A FREAKING SEARCH.

EVERY DAY??????
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Major dupage. Please read the tacked topics at the top of the page.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top