Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 6:58:52 PM EDT
I have shot the 62gr FMJ from my Oly carbine and get about 3 or 4" at 100yds. with iron sights.  I want to try the 55gr FMJ, but haven't been able to find any locally.  I ordered a couple of boxes, but unfortunately, I won't see them for a week or so.

What has been the experience of other Wolf shooters with 1 in 9 AR barrels when it comes to these two rounds.

Thanks

Hoppy
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Both 55 and 62 shoot well in my 20" and 14.5" 1:9 barreled ARs, but I get better accuracy from both bullets in the 20".  Mostly I shoot the 55 stuff in Wolf, SA surplus, Barnaul, and XM193.  Olympic short-strokes.

Noah
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an M4 Bushy with a 14.5 barrel-1/9 twist. I shoot alot of wolf and my gun likes the 55gr stuff best. More accurate it seems. Q3131A is about the same in the accuracy department as well as general feel in shooting.
It could be that I just got a bad lot of 62gr stuff or something. I just like the 55 better, but you have to shoot different ammo to find what is best for your particular weapon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the 55gr over the 62gr because I have had better luck with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Just returned from a trip to the range and evaluating the Wolf 62 and 55gr ammo.

Between the Wolf 62 and the 55 my rifle liked the 62 better.  Although other ammo makers 55's shoot better and more accurate, the Wolf 55 did a little worse than the 62.

Now I can get my ammo order off.  Wolf 62's for plinkin' and my reloads for accuracy.

Hoppy
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top