Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2003 2:55:32 PM EDT
Does it hurt the rifle or any part of the action to shoot large amounts of the wolf steel case ammo. Any replies would be helpful I have around 1500 of these rounds leftover from a AK that I have and was wondering if it would be alright to shot them in my AR.
Thanks Dennis
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a new Bushmaster about a month or so ago. I had called Bushmaster with a tech question, and while talking to Ron, who I think is the head gunsmith there, I asked about Wolf ammo. I had the same concerns you do. Ron told me that Wolf is about all he shoots in his personal firearms. He told me don't worry about the steel cases.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have forgotten how many thousands of rounds of Wolf I have put through my Bushmaster, let alone through the rest of my AR's. It definitely won't hurt your rifle, and since you have the ammo already it won't hurt to give it a try.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]Can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make one of these Wolf discussions sticky ? Preferably the one from a couple of months ago which had the poll. We can then add to it to our heart's content.[/b]

There's a new Wolf thread evey day it seems like. Stop the madness.

Thank you. We will now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[b]Can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make one of these Wolf discussions sticky ? Preferably the one from a couple of months ago which had the poll. We can then add to it to our heart's content.[/b]

View Quote

I second this idea!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I second this idea!!!!
View Quote

No.

There is a Wolf section on the FAQ and the tacks are too plentiful already.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No.

There is a Wolf section on the FAQ and the tacks are too plentiful already.
View Quote

tatjana:

I know that there is a section about Wolf in the FAQ, and I also understand that you want to reduce the number of tacks, but there are a lot of people who aren't reading the FAQ, or know that the FAQ addresses Wolf ammo. Furthermore, there's a lot to be said for a post which will probably span several pages and contain input from a lot of users personal experiences with a particular kind of ammo.

The reality is that Wolf is the cheapest, and people are going to continue to ask questions about it (and other ammo for that matter) since the low price will keep it popular. If you can figure out how to guide people towards the FAQ, fine. Otherwise, I respectfully ask you to reconsider.

In regards to the number of tacks currently up: I assume that the seperate posts currently tacked up for experiment #6 and #7 will eventually be consolidated under "The best of B&T ammolabs." That would free up a couple of spaces.

I personally believe that a tack similar to "The best of B&T ammolabs" entitled "Ammo review - Q3131A, LC, Wolf, etc." or something similar would be appropriate. Under that heading would be individual links to posts about each ammo commonly asked about (Wolf, S&B, Silver Bear, LC, Q3131A, Igman, etc.). To make it even more informative, each thread about an individual ammo type should be in the form of a poll, so that you can get immediate feedback about the failure rate of the ammo you're interested in.

Think of it as a public service announcement. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know that there is a section about Wolf in the FAQ, and I also understand that you want to reduce the number of tacks, but there are a lot of people who aren't reading the FAQ, or know that the FAQ addresses Wolf ammo. Furthermore, there's a lot to be said for a post which will probably span several pages and contain input from a lot of users personal experiences with a particular kind of ammo.

[snip]

I personally believe that a tack similar to "The best of B&T ammolabs" entitled "Ammo review - Q3131A, LC, Wolf, etc." or something similar would be appropriate.
View Quote

That's already been done.  It was tacked at the top for about a YEAR.  It was called ".223 Ammo Reviews" or something like that.

We're trying to keep the info that's tacked at top to be what we consider new or important information.  Ammo experinemts are new.  Fackler articles are important.  Wolf data is neither.  The "best performing self-defense loads" is not all that new and will soon go the way of the Dodo when something more important needs a tack.

There are already 1 million and 1 threads about Wolf ammo all over the site.  The search function is at the upper right of your screen.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:37:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's already been done.  It was tacked at the top for about a YEAR.  It was called ".223 Ammo Reviews" or something like that.
View Quote

Fair enough. I didn't realize that something like that had already been tacked for a year.

View Quote
There are already 1 million and 1 threads about Wolf ammo all over the site.  The search function is at the upper right of your screen.
View Quote

Two things though: For non-members, the search function is limited to 30 days. I'll join soon, but then I wouldn't necessarily have the right search criteria to find the post in question. Secondly, the information, in my opinion at least, is of an [i]ongoing[/i] topic of interest. That's the reason I thought it prudent to keep this post tacked on a more permanent basis.

But I'll defer to your judgement; I gotta warn you though - I think I've sold tatjana on the idea, heh, heh, heh....
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top