Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2004 8:23:50 AM EDT
Will shooting Wolf ammo through my AR damage it in any way?  I just want some good plinking ammo.  

What is the disadvantages of using the steel casings?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Will shooting Wolf ammo through my AR damage it in any way?  I just want some good plinking ammo.  

What is the disadvantages of using the steel casings?
Thanks

Using Wolf ammo will not damage your weapon.

There, I said it.  Wolf is not ALL bad.  For one, it will not damage your weapon.  That's about all the good I can say about Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, since Wolf .223 is quite underpowered compared to XM193 it will probably cause less wear and tear on your rifle...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Have you read this yet?: www.ammo-oracle.com/

and spent some time on this thread as well?: jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729

I personally shoot alot of wolf, old style and the new polymer. I love it. Both rifles eat it like candy but YMMV. Worth something to check out.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The only drawback I notice is the extra cleaning, so far it's functioned 100% in my 2 rifles.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#6]
One thing that pisses me off is all the indoor ranges in my area don't allow Wolf ammo!  The funny thing is that the SOB's sell Wolf ammo, WTF?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
One thing that pisses me off is all the indoor ranges in my area don't allow Wolf ammo!  The funny thing is that the SOB's sell Wolf ammo, WTF?

Who cleans up those worthless steel cases?

I shoot a lot of Wolf at our range, but so do a lot of other people.  I've lost count of the times I have arrived early in the morning to find several hundred Wolf cases laying around from slobs that thought it wasn't worth their time or energy to police their area before leaving for the night.  I can't remember finding the same condition with brass.  Every couple of years the subject comes up to ban steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I shoot a lot of Wolf at our range, but so do a lot of other people.  I've lost count of the times I have arrived early in the morning to find several hundred Wolf cases laying around from slobs that thought it wasn't worth their time or energy to police their area before leaving for the night.  I can't remember finding the same condition with brass.  Every couple of years the subject comes up to ban steel cased ammo.

I take them and my brass, seperate and throw in my scrapmetal pile.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:44:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:48:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you.

I make money off it too, not much on the steel, but the scrap brass pays decent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do!  I told them that I will bring a magnet to sweep all my steel cases but it's still a no go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:10:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Magnet.  Takes care of the problem in a flash.

It's not that it *can't* be cleaned up, it's just that slobs don't want to bother.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:20:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Nothing wrong with Wolf for plinking.
I find it's dirtier, more cleanup. I use the polymer stuff.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top