Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 7:23:50 AM EST
Will shooting Wolf ammo through my AR damage it in any way? I just want some good plinking ammo.

What is the disadvantages of using the steel casings?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:11:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bgunner:
Will shooting Wolf ammo through my AR damage it in any way? I just want some good plinking ammo.

What is the disadvantages of using the steel casings?
Thanks

Using Wolf ammo will not damage your weapon.

There, I said it. Wolf is not ALL bad. For one, it will not damage your weapon. That's about all the good I can say about Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:33:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 2:41:57 PM EST by Yojimbo]
Also, since Wolf .223 is quite underpowered compared to XM193 it will probably cause less wear and tear on your rifle...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:52:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 8:53:44 AM EST by SkiandShoot]

Have you read this yet?: www.ammo-oracle.com/

and spent some time on this thread as well?: jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729

I personally shoot alot of wolf, old style and the new polymer. I love it. Both rifles eat it like candy but YMMV. Worth something to check out.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:54:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:35:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 11:35:23 AM EST by Lester_Burnham]
The only drawback I notice is the extra cleaning, so far it's functioned 100% in my 2 rifles.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:43:43 PM EST
One thing that pisses me off is all the indoor ranges in my area don't allow Wolf ammo! The funny thing is that the SOB's sell Wolf ammo, WTF?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:41:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
One thing that pisses me off is all the indoor ranges in my area don't allow Wolf ammo! The funny thing is that the SOB's sell Wolf ammo, WTF?

Who cleans up those worthless steel cases?

I shoot a lot of Wolf at our range, but so do a lot of other people. I've lost count of the times I have arrived early in the morning to find several hundred Wolf cases laying around from slobs that thought it wasn't worth their time or energy to police their area before leaving for the night. I can't remember finding the same condition with brass. Every couple of years the subject comes up to ban steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:42:41 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hoppy:

I shoot a lot of Wolf at our range, but so do a lot of other people. I've lost count of the times I have arrived early in the morning to find several hundred Wolf cases laying around from slobs that thought it wasn't worth their time or energy to police their area before leaving for the night. I can't remember finding the same condition with brass. Every couple of years the subject comes up to ban steel cased ammo.

I take them and my brass, seperate and throw in my scrapmetal pile.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:44:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:48:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Thank you.

I make money off it too, not much on the steel, but the scrap brass pays decent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:49:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 2:36:46 AM EST

I do! I told them that I will bring a magnet to sweep all my steel cases but it's still a no go.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:10:46 AM EST

Originally Posted By obershutze916:
Magnet. Takes care of the problem in a flash.

It's not that it *can't* be cleaned up, it's just that slobs don't want to bother.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:20:39 AM EST
Nothing wrong with Wolf for plinking.
I find it's dirtier, more cleanup. I use the polymer stuff.
Top Top