Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 7:22:27 PM EST
The Amunition Store has Wolf Polymer on special for 89.95. I'm going camping in a month out in the Sand Hills of Nebraska
( The biggest golf course in the world, 1/3 of the state, no people, just cattle) and need ammo to burn. Four days of sleeping and shooting .Is it worth the gamble or should iI buy a couple of flavors in case the Wolf doesn"t work well in my M4.
So far my M4 has only 160 rounds through it .??
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:50:01 AM EST

I've had great luck with Wolf, both old and new styles in all my ARs, but with Wolf being a bit underpowered I've always made it a habit of running 5 to 600 rounds of LC or Q3131a before I move to Wolf. New ARs can be tight and a bit ammo sensitive until they've had a few rounds through them, no sense giving it low powered ammo in the beginning unless you want to get some practice with malfunction clearance drills... My experience, YMMV...

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:54:20 PM EST
I'm afraid my mileage did not vary.

I have an upper with very low round count that has become my favorite. I had been shooting Winchester whitebox. Earlier this week, I loaded a couple of mag's up with wolf. Failure was to strip a round off the top of the mag. Often, there would be a scratch along the body of the round, but it would fail to get picked up. Empties were ejecting, but I was reduced to a single shot. Hand cycling the rounds in worked.

I had 30 or 40 rounds of winchester with me. Loaded it up and it ran flawelessly. My other upper shoots everything fine.

Is this what I"m dealing with, I need to wear in my rifle with hotter rounds and try the wolf afterwards?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:33:43 AM EST
Nice sounding price, now I got to get a 1000 damnit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:02:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By kdmoore:
I'm afraid my mileage did not vary.

I have an upper with very low round count that has become my favorite. I had been shooting Winchester whitebox. Earlier this week, I loaded a couple of mag's up with wolf. Failure was to strip a round off the top of the mag. Often, there would be a scratch along the body of the round, but it would fail to get picked up. Empties were ejecting, but I was reduced to a single shot. Hand cycling the rounds in worked.

I had 30 or 40 rounds of winchester with me. Loaded it up and it ran flawelessly. My other upper shoots everything fine.

Is this what I"m dealing with, I need to wear in my rifle with hotter rounds and try the wolf afterwards?

TIA

I have the same problem what kind of gun do you have????
Top Top