Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2003 4:31:05 AM EDT
Has anyone had, tried, owned, saw, or used a Wolf-Hook Sling like the one that ranger Joe's has listed for $11.95.www.rangerjoe.com/catalog/selection.cfm?category=main&id=2875
If so how reliable was it doesn't look very stout.

Sorry was going to include pic but too hard for hillbillie red neck like me
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Why spend the money I made my own very similer, works nice but if yer right handed and have to switch to the left, It's a pain. Made mine so i could lengthen it fast but it was never fast enough so I scrapped it. Better off with a CQB/ or other similar 3point type sling. just mu .02
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 5:55:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Making your own is always a possibility, but most of [url=http://www.cqbsolutions.com]CQB Solutions[/URL] slings are under $30, including hardware in some cases.  I've got several of their 3-point slings with the quick release buckles.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one of these on my CTC vest.It's made by CTC and maybe a bit beefier.It's great for patolling but as stated above, it won't allow for shooting with the weak hand.

[img]http://customtactical.com/IAARsling.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I've thought about making my own but never tried. Thanks for replies.[puke]
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 5:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]
FWIW, I've seen photo's of SEALs doing the same thing with a locking carabiner and a bit of 550 cord. The 'biner hooks to the harness, and the 550 cord is tied to the tele-stock.
You could also try making one with a length of webbing and a couple of tri-glides.
Anyway, a couple of ways it could be done for less than 5 bucks ('biner excluded) if you just wanted to try it and see if it works for you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I was recently considering the Wolf Hook myself.  I am not going tactical otherwise I would have serious concerns about right/left rifle transitions.  However, I like to reduce bulk and the rifle I wanted it for is a relatively super light weight so no big weight pulling on my gear.  Looking at it, as the others mentioned I also decided that I could just make my own, tailored to my wants.  Mine is going to be a modified version much closer to CTC.  However, this will be 1" black webbing, may or may not be length adjustable - I haven't decided, use an Hk style snap hook that will attach to the rear swivel on my ARFX stock and one for the vest with a quick release buckle.  I don't think I am going to save much money but it will be exactly what I want from that kind of setup. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#7]
By the way nice paint job Redbone.[red](what I can see of it)[/red][headbang]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:30:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
By the way nice paint job Redbone.[red](what I can see of it)[/red][headbang]
View Quote

That's not my AR.That's a pic from [url]www.customtactical.com[/url]

Here's a pic of a similar setup used by the Israeli IDF.I used this setup before getting the IAAR sling. [img]http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/infantry/golany/shehem-1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#9]
That's the setup I mentioned seeing in my previous post.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks For the ideas. It really gets my evil master mind to burning the midnight oil.[grenade]

See even Israel is plagued with the dreaded Yugo invasion.[shock]

If I were them. I would expend all remaining rounds down range at the nasty poor excuse of a car.[torch]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Relax, we already bombed the plant off the face of the earth. They'll slowly rust away on their own. It's not like they are still being made in Mexico or anything.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top