Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:51:56 PM EDT

I was going to get more Wolf 62 grain. Through your experience, is the hollow point any better/worse for accuracy compared to Full metal jacket? I remember reading about issues with relibility with hollowpoints earlier, has that been corrected.

Bushmaster 14.5" M4 1X9 (No M4 extended feed ramps)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:33:54 PM EDT
I just ordered some, I guess I'll find out next weekend.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:53:15 PM EDT
Ive ran through about 2k+ of HP through my rifles... no problems so far.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:19:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:35:33 AM EDT
The rifle hollowpoints don't really do much for expansion, they should really be classified as open tip (OTM but Wolf isn't Match).

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:46:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
The rifle hollowpoints don't really do much for expansion, they should really be classified as open tip (OTM but Wolf isn't Match).

Everyone says that Wolf bullets don't expand, don't fragment, just plain don't do nothing.
I can't say for sure because I have never seen the first ballistic gel pictures of the new polymer wolf with copper jackets.
I would like for someone to shoot a variety of wolf ammo at ballistic gel and see what it does, just for my curiosity.
The only gel shot I have seen is the one picture on ammo oracle, and that was with a 16" barrel with 55 gr fmjbt. I would like to see it again with a 20" rifle, maybe check out the hollowpoint too!!

But alas, no one with the ability to do so seems to be interested in testing it
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:01:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 5:02:59 PM EDT by LJUnaTIC]
A local (indoor)range does not allow fmj ,but wolf hollowpoint is ok, so I by HP's to shoot there so I don't have to buy their crap reloads
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:55:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By LJUnaTIC:
A local (indoor)range does not allow fmj ,but wolf hollowpoint is ok, so I by HP's to shoot there so I don't have to buy their crap reloads

My local range is starting the exact same policy. I wanted to get plinkling ammo, and I use Wolf already without problems. The 62 grain was giving 1.5" groups at a hundred yards which is fine for me. I was thinking of getting the Wolf stuff because it falls in that peculiar category. I was just wondering if it gave the same groups as the FMJ. If it's really bad for groups, like over 2.0", I'm seriously thinking of looking for a new range
Top Top