Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/27/2013 3:40:28 PM EST
Picked up our second Windham recently and had a problem with the magazine locking, called Windham and they promptly sent out a new one that is better but still having some issues. All other magazines I have work fine, just wanted to shout out that I very much like the rifle but not impressed with the magazine. Also very much appreciate Windhams no hassle customer service.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:28:02 PM EST
First thread I've read tonight and am considering a Windham myself.

I like the fact that most higher employees are former Bushmaster, which is a big selling point for me.

Still researching and trying to decide on a 16" platform AR.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:32:24 PM EST
I own 2 MPC's and I couldn't be happier. Fit and finish is pretty good, and they are very well built. Not a Boutique Arms $3000 rifle, put plenty accurate and a joy to own.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:33:51 PM EST
Trouble with the magazine locking into the mag well?

Do you have any other magazines to try?

Also, check the magazine catch inside the mag well for something that would cause a retention problem like a burr or obstruction.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:21:50 PM EST
All my other magazines work fine, I especially like the Cammenga brand that I recently purchased. The Windham ones work when the bolt is open but not so much on a closed bolt, like I said this is our 2nd Windham and really like the rifle and customer service just don't expect high quality mags.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:49:00 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By maross396:
All my other magazines work fine, I especially like the Cammenga brand that I recently purchased. The Windham ones work when the bolt is open but not so much on a closed bolt, like I said this is our 2nd Windham and really like the rifle and customer service just don't expect high quality mags.
View Quote

If you're doing what I believe you're doing then it's not the mag. Odds are you are loading the mag to the top with 30 rounds, and yes they can be difficult to get seated on a closed bolt. Try down loading a round or switch to Magpul P mags. Nothing is wrong with the magazine.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 11:56:09 PM EST
I was thinking the exact same thing. Some magazines are absolute hell to seat with the bolt closed if they are fully loaded. Having said that, I dont own a Windham but have a buddy ha does. You can really tell that Windham has high QC.

Originally Posted By samvswild:

If you're doing what I believe you're doing then it's not the mag. Odds are you are loading the mag to the top with 30 rounds, and yes they can be difficult to get seated on a closed bolt. Try down loading a round or switch to Magpul P mags. Nothing is wrong with the magazine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:52:36 AM EST
i absolutely love my windham src, I shot off around 200 rounds of Xm855 out of it yesterday with stellar accuracy and not one gun-related failure, Windham's customer service, while I haven't had a need to use it I hear is exceptional.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:11:07 AM EST

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This ... I have a rifle that you cannot insert the mag with 30 rds and bolt closed unless you want to have to man handle.
Top Top