Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 3:32:01 AM EDT
Ok here we go, not trying to start a bashing thread or a mass panic thread, I just want to hear every bodys views on this. I was talking to this gun dealer in Texas and he said that Winchester has signed a major contract to produce ammunition for the Government and wont be producing civvi ammo as much anymore, which has led to the price jump. Now I just want to hear if anybody else has heard this or if its sounds lke a reasonible explination for the drastic price jump. I am looking for written proof of this right now. So FARLAK and all yall dont bash me too quickly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#1]

Like to find out for myself if this is true.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope that its just a rumor I use that brand in my rifle. Mostly because the rifle seems to do its best with it.

Let us know if you find out any thing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I had heard they are producing ammo for the government as LC could not keep up with the demand. IMI also had cut their contract with Winchester Q3131A as they were producing ammo for the region. Probably heard all that on here though.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
This Article Doesnt really say anything more than what most people know already. But it does say the contract will be awarded by april 2005. I know how slow our government is and this date could have been delayed even further. God I hate guess work.......
GOVERNMENT CONTRACT

Also Winchesters $70 milion contract in 2004 I would like to know when it ends/ended.

Long read, Very informative....
Long PDF On Current Ammunition "Porblem"
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]
OK BASH ME..... Does Anyone know how to contact winchester by email???
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Use your computer?!

sorry couldn't resist!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Use your computer?!hr

OK OK What I meant was Does Anybody Have The Email Addy So I Can Contact Winchester.... Its Not On There Site...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I was not able to find any email addresses for Winchester either, but I did find a phone number and address.

Winchester
427 North Shamrock
East Alton, IL 62024-1197
618/258-2000

Olin is the parrent company and they have a form you can fill out at www.olin.com/contact/default.asp to contact them.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top