Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 11:13:17 PM EDT
In reading the FAQ, I see mention of the Winchester Ranger ammo but I don't see mention of the bonded PDX1. They've got it in .380, 9mm, .40, .45, 223, 308, and 12ga. I've seen some of the YouTube videos of some factory reps shooting big blocks of gelatin with impressive results. Has their been more rigorous testing done by someone other than Winchester? How does the performance of the PDX1 stack up to other self/home defense rounds in the various calibers? Wallyworld prices on the PDX1 seem lower than some of the other HD brands they carry there so I'm wondering of it would make a good choice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Most modern hallow points will get the job done.  I personally like the heavier grains in the caliber of choice.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
The PDX1 is the commercial/civilian ammo with the nickle plated brass and the extra high price tag for a mere 20 rds. The RA9B is the LE ammo, and is found in boxes of 50 for about the same price as a box of 20 civvie ammo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The RA9B is the LE ammo, and is found in boxes of 50 for about the same price as a box of 20 civvie ammo.
View Quote

If you can find it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top