Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2003 5:07:08 AM EDT
I've seen mention of keeping these rounds in the mag for social work and coyotes and such.

Has anybody done any testing?
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used them on 'yotes before, if you mean the black coated(teflon or moly?) power point plus rounds. They are one of the few intended for medium game, they got the cxp2 rating and deer head on the box denoting that. I intended to carry them with me varmint hunting, in case I saw a deer, but I had one chambered and a coyote ran across in front of me. I found they have very decent penetration. Stopped the bugger right in his tracks. Believe it or not my mini-14 loves them, throws them more accurately than most loads. All 'round they're a good bullet.
I read somewhere they are getting used by various highway patrols and state troopers because they work very well on two legged varmints as well. The PP+ have a crimp for ar's, where as if I remember correctly the 64gr. PP doesn't.
_______________________________________________[NI] STOP! or I shall say NI! again to you....
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used them to take two deer this year. One at 50 yds. and one at 115 yds. One neck shot and the other a lung shot. The bullet worked perfectly both times. I'll be using them for deer for now on...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top