Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 8:21:00 PM EDT
Buddy of mine had a wreck 5 years ago leaving him in a wheelchair and forcing him to go back to school . He graduates this month and doesn't really have much disposable cash and he has a decent AR build. His current set up in a RRA upper and lower with a 1/6 twist 16in DPMS barrel and the gun shoots decent, but he has been telling me for the past year and a half or so about how he would like to have a Wilson Combat Barrel. He is big fan of 1911s and he loves stuff made by WIlson Combat.
 I ordered this for him as a present for him

It is a Wilson Combat 18in 1/8 twist stainless barrel with a new rifle length gas tube, PSA BCG, and Rainier RMC Comp. Does anyone have any experience with these barrels?  I heard different stories that these barrels are Shaw barrels and stories that they are DPMS. Any insight would be nice as I don't really hear much at all about anything from Wilson Combat other than 1911s.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You are a great friend. I can't answer your question but I am interested too. I actually just received a Wilson Combat 300BO barrel this week from Brownell's. Built upper last night. Looks fantastic. I can't wait to shoot it. Beautiful finish.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a nice barrel and I'm interested to see how well it shoots when I get it together for him. I might be in for one for myself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top