Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 8:03:43 PM EDT
What are ya'll's thoughts on the muzzle brakes that Wilson uses?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on a DPMS A2 upper, and like it because 1) it protects the crown, and 2) makes it look prebanish.

As for preventing muzzle flip or whatever, I have no idea, and it doesn't really bother me anyway.  As for volume, again, it doesn't bother me.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
What he said....Ditto.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Had them on two different rifles. Loved them.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

How would you compare it to a KKF A2 Tac Brake at controlling muzzle rise/noise?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How would you compare it to a KKF A2 Tac Brake at controlling muzzle rise/noise?
View Quote

Both would be equal in regards to the recoil reduction.
As for muzzle rise, Wilsons did have a slight edge there, but, now that Kurt is doing his in a 5 port setup instead of the previous 4, they should be equal, with a slight edge going to Kurts for muzzle stability. His 5 port setup gives a nice 180 deg arc of downward and side to side force to counter the muzzle rise and keep the barrel movement steady in regards to its side to side movement.

Honestly, you cant go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#6]
wilson or kurts,thumb up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top