Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2002 6:53:46 AM EDT
Hey Everyone,
Has anyone had trigger work done by Williams? I have worked with set triggers on bolt guns and am interested in hearing how their trigger works with the AR platform.
My Bushy Varminter seems to possess a lot of accuracy; better than half MOA with 77grn Federal Gold Medal Match loads, when all the stars are properly aligned, but the factory trigger feels like it wanders. I had considered a RRA trigger tuned by White Oaks, but again, my past positive experience with set triggers has caused me to consider Williams trigger. I've been looking at their little advertisement in the Shotgun News for the last few years, so I finally decided to do a little more research and give em a try.
For any interested, here is their web site.Williams Trigger Specialties
Thanks in advance for any help.

Respectfully Submitted,
Harry

Link Posted: 8/25/2002 6:15:25 PM EDT
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies. Do the triggers work as advertised? Are you finding their work to be reliable, repeatable and durable? Have you noticed the extremely short,light trigger weight associated with set triggers? Was there any noticable accuracy increase with the systems you installed on? How was you experience with the Williams Company?
Sorry for the twenty questions, I guess I just like to have as many bases covered as possible.

Respectfully,
Harry
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 7:24:49 PM EDT
About 10 years ago I had him do his Mark 2 (I believe that's what he called it) type trigger to my AR. This trigger sets when you roll the selector past "fire" until the pointer is at the "e" in "fire." Rotate selector to safe to unset the trigger. Real easy to use.

It works but I have always been disappointed with it. The weight of pulled never seemed to change. There was just less sear engagment. I reduced pull weight more by putting one leg of the hammer spring below the trigger spring than by setting the trigger. Do this and setting the trigger does make for a nice, light pull. But it ain't exactly right.

Will Williams stand behind their product? I don't know, after 10 yrs I wouldn't expect him too. Plus, when the ban went into effect I've been real reluctant to send off my receiver again.

Maybe this design was a deadend idea that didn't work as well as planned. More convient to use but if it's still offered I'd be careful of it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 9:27:50 PM EDT
I bought a HK91 that had a William's trigger installed on it. I've put several thousand rounds thru this rifle, and I've never experienced any problems with the trigger whatsoever.

In normal mode, it feels nice, although heavy. But when you use it as a set trigger, it's got the sweetest pull you could imagine.

I'd get another.
Top Top