Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 6:10:27 AM EDT
I picked this up at local auto parts store. It doesn't say anything about being "Molybdenum Disulfide" so im concerned its not right.  Website says it contains a "blend of aluminum, copper and graphite lubricants".  Will this be ok for the barrel nut?
www.permatex.com/products/prodidx.asp?automotive=yes&f_call=get_item&item_no=81464
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:30:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Graphite is a no-go with aluminum as I recall. If you need somy moly grease IM me your address and I will drop you enough to do a couple barrels with in the mail. A little goes a long way.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used anti seize, don't worry about it. Use the searh button, this subject been torn to pieces a number of times.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've used anti seize, don't worry about it. Use the searh button, this subject been torn to pieces a number of times.
View Quote

I actually did do a search for "seize" and "nut" in all forums for last 6 months.  I only found a couple of short threads on it. I just dont want to mess anything up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used the product you're asking about many times on spark plugs, lug nuts, etc. Never used it on an AR.

The stuff is really messy to work with. It's silver colored and if it gets on areas where it shouldn't be, it's a bitch cleaning up... probably more so on a flat black finish.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 11:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've used the product you're asking about many times on spark plugs, lug nuts, etc. Never used it on an AR.

The stuff is really messy to work with. It's silver colored and if it gets on areas where it shouldn't be, it's a bitch cleaning up... probably more so on a flat black finish.
View Quote

If you work with auto mechanics it's an old joke to coat one of their tool handles with the stuff when they are not looking.  They pick up the tool and look like they've shook hands with the Tin Man for the rest of the day.  It really works best when you can run faster than the aforementioned mechanics [;)]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top