Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:00:17 PM EDT
Will i be able to fit a scope like the one below one my Blak Diamond without custom work????  I have asked this before but got no good answers.  Has anyone done this with their black powder gun?  

A scope like this (Not this exact one):

Here is the gun it will go on:

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for you answer.  I am looking to see now what mounts i can use on the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
A bit better as far as what?  The scope is not the scope i will be using.  I want to use a scope that style.  I have a regular scope on it now but don't like it.  Nothing is wrong with the gun itself and I will not be getting rid of it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A bit better as far as what?  The scope is not the scope i will be using.  I want to use a scope that style.  I have a regular scope on it now but don't like it.  Nothing is whong with the gun itself and I will not be getting rid of it.

Chill dude!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you mean chill?  I was asking what he meant.  Did he mean the gun is no good or the scope?  I love how everytime i ask a question people come here and start shit insted of answering the question.  If you don't know the answer DON'T POST ANYTHING.  You are wasting my time posting things that have nothing to do with the answer and wasting space on this site.  Sorry to everyone else who is not involved just had to say what i had to say.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If the scope mounts to a weaver style base, and you can find a weaver style base for you rifle, it will work...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, that could possibly mount on your rifle.  As could any of the Tasco/BSA/etc red-dots like it. You'll likely need to upgrade to a one-piece Weaver base, if you're using a two-piece now. Unfortunately, I have never seen a one-piece made for the black diamond.

That having been said. Those guns have a pretty stout recoil. Most of the lower-priced scopes are also of a lower quality, and you do take a gamble on having the lenses crack, pop out, or the electronics failing. I have seen it happen several times. I have also seen units that last forever without a hiccup. Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#10]
No Idea!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yes, that could possibly mount on your rifle.  As could any of the Tasco/BSA/etc red-dots like it. You'll likely need to upgrade to a one-piece Weaver base, if you're using a two-piece now. Unfortunately, I have never seen a one-piece made for the black diamond.

That having been said. Those guns have a pretty stout recoil. Most of the lower-priced scopes are also of a lower quality, and you do take a gamble on having the lenses crack, pop out, or the electronics failing. I have seen it happen several times. I have also seen units that last forever without a hiccup. Buyer beware.

No the scope will not be cheap.  Probably looking at spending about $200 or so.  If i can't do this i will take off then scope thats on it now and shoot open sights.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
one of the freebie gun store mags just did a review on the truglo red-dots and said they work fine but wouldn't put it on anything hard kicking like a .50 cal blackpowder gun
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:40:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top