Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/2/2003 10:24:04 AM EDT
I am looking at a trigger package for my benched AR and coming from bolts i am used to 1# clean brakes. Now i have read that thats unsafe in an AR so i was looking at the JP Trigger package with yellow springs that has (I think) a 3.5# brake. Would this work? is this as leight and clean as a pull i can get while staying safe?

This rifle will never see rapid fire at all its built for the varmint and bench only.

Any help or advice would be great
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been happy with my JP triggers. They are great for a rifle that is being built for the bench, but if you are a recreational shooter you just might want to go with JP's yellow spring kit. It will get your trigger down around 6.5 lbs. or lighter. I have done that with great results.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had (2) J.P. complete fire control packages (w/ speedhammer) on my AR's.  The first was a bench/varmint.  The second as pic'd here is my M4gery.  I had them (J.P.E.), do the install, w/ yellow springs and it is crisp, travel-less 3.5lb break.  I do rapid fire quite often, and the trigger package is good to go.  "Accuracy Speaks" will be my next build, just to see how different it is from my J.P. units.  "Set screws" coming loose are a concern for some, I check mine every time and they aren't going anywhere.   There are also some recommended 2 stages out there I would like to try as well.  Highly recommend the J.P. trigger unit.  Good luck

M4gery w/ J.P. 3.5 (yellow spring)trigger and speed hammer,  Also J.P. Stainless bolt-carrier and Adjustable gas block.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid85/p976e823c3586135a5b9f98d39020650b/fab46c82.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
If your rifle is only going to be benched, then I would recommend the complete JP adj trigger kit with yellow springs.
Brownells #452-015-000 for standard pins
#452-015-001 for Colt large hole pins
Does not come with JP lo mass hammer
#452-015-100 standard or #452-015-101 Colt large hole
This setup will get it down to #1-3 pounds as its ajustable.

As my rifle is used for self defence, bench, and SHTF, I use just the JP yellow spring for the trigger and have standard hammer spring with stock fire control components.

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
One word - JARD.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info guys. I think i am going to go with the JP system and add the low mass hammer
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Very happy with my JP fire control group.  I've never had any light strikes on primers with the yellow springs.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One word - JARD.
View Quote

the JARD trigger will not work in all types of AR lowers. ive tried it. Hands down the JP is the best singel stage trigger on the market. I've been using and instaling them for 5 years.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I use just the JP yellow trigger spring set, with stock H/S/T.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The receiver I am getting has the two Adjustment screws built in for the trigger. They are in the same spot as where adjustable triggers are. So i was thinking of getting the RRA standard trigger group and add the JP yellow springs and the Lo mas hammer from JP and go from there.

what about that? I need the lower parts kit anyways and i was going to go with the JP LM hammer either way and the springs are only $10.

This is the receiver i am ordering
http://www.socommfg.com/diamond.html
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I cut the top hook off of the rear of my hammer, installed the three springs from the JP kit and polished the hammer/trigger pins by putting them in a drill and run it throught 000 Steel Wool.

Very nice now comapred to stock, and appears to handle rapid fire well.

KillJoy
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#11]
JP and AS will not get you into the 1# area safely. The yellow springs will at times have trouble with light strikes if your using a bobbed hammer. I like use the JP

JARD is only trigger that will get you below the 3# mark.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Have 5 AR's with JP fire control pkg. 3# trigger. Never had a problem. JP installed my triggers for $220.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
yeah, I talked with John over at JP and i ordered a set of just the springs. I am getting the RRA lower kit with standard trigger. John told me what to do and what to polish and with the receiver i am getting with the built adjustment screws i should be able to obtain the trigger i want. Coarse he was happy to help after I told him i am looking into one of his JP15 upper assemblies. I am just waiting for parts to start rolling in the door now. But i am still deciding on an upper. My Pre-ban A1 is on gunbroker right now if that hits my reserve its buying me the JP upper.

thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#14]
For experimentation purposes recently I threw a set of JP yellow springs into my Colt M4 carbine. Since I installed them I've only put 420 rounds through it, but so far I haven't had any ignition problems. It certainly made a world of difference over the stock trigger pull.

Once this carbine is accessorized properly it will become my wife's SHTF weapon. When that happens I'll reinstall the stock springs for reliability.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:22:15 AM EDT
[#15]
My biggest concern is does it work with SA Surplus ammo or other military surplus.

I just bought few sets and I´m wondering is it safe to install to all of my AR´s?

thanks,
MN

PS. trigger is outstanding, it´s like shooting with well tuned 1911, IMO
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the JP yellow springs with stock fire control components. I used their disconnector spring and trigger spring but left the stock hammer spring in place. No trouble shooting SA or swiss nato ammo thru it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#17]
M4A2_L073754

John sayed NOT to use Foreign surplus or even some US surplus. They need a strong hit from the hammer and the yellow springs may not give a good ignition. But since mine is a bench baby it wont matter since all its gonna get fed is handloads
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:24:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I had no ignition problems with the yellow springs and the JP trigger & hammer, even with Q3131A and Wolf.  (Don't think I tried any SA M193.)  Trigger pull was closer to 2# than 3.5# too.  

I have the yellow trigger spring and stock hammer spring it it now and it's about 4#.  (Had to go back to stock spring to make the .22 kit work.)
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My biggest concern is does it work with SA Surplus ammo or other military surplus.
View Quote

For what it's worth the yellow springs work fine so far with Lake City M193.

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~cjan99999/yellow_spring.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I am just saying what John at JP said. thats all. if it works then cool.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:16:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am just saying what John at JP said. thats all. if it works then cool.

View Quote

Absolutely [:)]

When I installed mine I knew there would be a chance that M193 wouldn't work, but I've got a small stockpile of 55gr Federal FMJ just in case.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top