Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2008 12:01:23 PM EST
As stated above I am a noob both in terms of posting on blogs and building rifles so please bear with me here.

I have two springs from a RRA LPK which I can't seem to ID. I am pretty sure that one is for the bolt catch buffer and the other would be for the trigger assembly. The problem is that I can't tell which is which.

The first spring in question measures just shy of 7/16" long and is 1/8" in diameter.

The second measures just shy of 3/8" long and one end is flared wider than the rest of the spring. The skinny end of the spring also measures 1/8" in diameter but the flared end is closer to 3/16".

The longer spring seems to work better for both purposes but the smaller one (with the flared end) doesn't seem to fit in either spot correctly because of the flared end.

I have looked at both the "Assemble your own AR15 rifle from parts... for dummies" section of the site and "The AR-15 Complete Assembly Guide" book and I can't tell from the pictures which spring is which.

Any help sorting this out will be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 12:18:16 PM EST
The "flared" spring is for your disconnector that goes larger end down in the back of the trigger. The other small spring is for your bolt catch buffer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2008 12:33:14 PM EST
Thanks warpig.

I didn't want to force the flared end in to the trigger without knowing for sure that it was supposed to be there. It is in there now and everything is progressing smoothly. I should have my first DIY lower soon.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.
Top Top