Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/5/2006 12:47:31 AM EDT
Is there any talk of anyone offering a complete, sans lower receiver, 16" chrome lined mid-length kit?  Seems that there would be alot of interest in one, but I don't know if I should continue to hold my breath.

Speedfish
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:07:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I sure would like to see them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do you need a "kit"?

Buy your lower. Buy a LPK and then buy a complete chrome lined middy upper from either ADCO (RRA), Talon Arms (Sabre Defence) or Bravo Company (BCM - When available). It may cost you a little more doing it this way but a guarantee you will have a better AR in the end then you will get from any "kits" place.

Just my $.02
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why do you need a "kit"?

Buy your lower. Buy a LPK and then buy a complete chrome lined middy upper from either ADCO (RRA), Talon Arms (Sabre Defence) or Bravo Company (BCM - When available). It may cost you a little more doing it this way but a guarantee you will have a better AR in the end then you will get from any "kits" place.

Just my $.02

+1

-C4-
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA is now offering such kits in the CAR size, post here if you would like to see them offer a complete midlength kit sans lower:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=38&t=149114
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased a flattop upper with a 16" midlength chrome lined barrel from Rock River late last summer.  

-K
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why do you need a "kit"?

Just my $.02

+1

-C4-

+2

Mega lower($115)+DPMS LPK ($58)+CMT M4 stock ($67)+ complete RRA midlength upper from eaglefirearms.net ($429)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Agreed in that I don't really see that much demand for a full kit.  

You can get a chrome-lined midlength upper (RRA) from either Steve at ADCO or Pete at Legal Transfers for four and some change (I just ordered one for me ), just add a lower parts kit and stock or your choice when you order.  Or pick up a lower parts kit and stock over in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Cav Arms
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top