Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 4:22:39 AM EDT
Why the need for all the  high dollar mounts?

Will a Leupy QRW 30mm work with an aimpoint/tacpoint?

Or if I get one am I obliged to buy a LaRue/ARMS/KAC/GGG mount to cowitness?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Any ring will work, assuming it's not too wide.  The Aimpoint Comp C comes with its own ring, as a matter of fact.  Now, if you ever want to show your face in public around here, you simply MUST get the latest, greatest Gucci gear.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It must be high enough to co-witness.  Some 30mm rings aren't high enough.  The standard Aimpoint ring probably won't cowitness without a spacer

Use the EE to take a bite out of the high dollar part.  Buy used.  edit: (Hi sobrbiker883, I guess you already knew this)

Do you already have your optic?

Here's a mount:
EE linky

I was lucky and found one for $75.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I went with Burris Xtreme Tactical 30mm xtra- high ring. Very well made and will co-witness with rear buis It is a liitle wide but will not block the battery cap. The best part is it is only 24.99$ at MidwayUsa.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
So if I mount a Tacpoint on a YHM riser with a Leupy 30mm QRW I'll be kicked outta the club?  Bummer.........

I'm waiting on a Tacpoint I bought just to see if I want to go with an Aimpoint or back to an Eotech like I had before. Now if the seller will get his sh*t together and get my optic to me (another topic, another forum)....

wildearp-how'd the bushy lower work out, and you still got the G30?  I got a G23 earlier this year and traded it for an ASA carbine, I just can't get used to a Glock, I'm done trying.....
But thanks for the link, however if I go with a fancy mount it'll not be an ARMS as I've got a problem with high dollar stuff failing (broken levers, lossening, etc I've heard about).  

Thanks for the input guys, I'm all about making the best of what I can with what I got.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Mike, its a used blue ring I found over at the falfiles on a two month old thread that the seller hadn't bumped.  He forgot he even had it for sale.
If it gets here and it looks like I'm going to keep it, I will be in touch for the mount you have pictured.  Does it absolute cowitness, or irons in the lower part (I prefer absolute-I leave the front and rear down unless necessary, them my cheekweld and nose to charging handle stays the same for both).
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Got anything that ain't an arm and a leg that'll get a cowitness like my old eotech?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate the deal Mike, but:
1)my seller hasn't gotten me the sight yet

2)I'll be taking dot on/off quite a bit and am leery of all the complaints on the ARMS levers breaking or loosening.

3)I'd still need a spacer to cowitness, correct?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top