Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 9:39:36 PM EDT
I recently purchased a 1.5-5x simmons prodiamond and had planned on using it on my dissy but i might end up using my aimpoint on it.  So I decided I can't let a perfectly good optic go to waste and the .458 idea came to mind since it would be used as a hog gun.  

Would the simmons stand up to the recoil? I think it would since it was designed as a blackpowder/shotgun scope.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:56:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I doubt that a whole lot of people will have tried it on a cliber like that, so I'm afraid it's up to you to be the guinea pig.

Naturally, you'll also then be required to post the results. For what it's worth, my 4x32mm ProDiamond has been on 4 different rifles, and hasn't failed me yet.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top