Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2006 1:05:20 PM EDT
I have seen some good deals but around here the prices are outragous! Just went to buy some ammo and they were selling American Eagle for $140 for 500 rounds!! I useually buy wolf, but even those prices have gone up
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too likely.  Metals are going through the roof.  Lead shot - no about $18/bag - was $12/bag last year at this time.  It is supposed to hit $25/bag by the end of this year.  

Next, take a look at gunpowder prices.  8# kegs are now well over $100 even at places like JSC.  Primers are similarly affected.  Remember that all of these things are pegged to oil prices (both manufacturing and transportation costs).  

We're seeing upward movement of rifle and shotshell cartridges in all the deep discount chains.  I have a suspicion that today's 5.56 prices will seem cheap soon.  

Sam
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing will ever be cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Would a draw down from Iraq reduce prices?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]

I think we still have other fish to fry, and a long way to go...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Does the Pope shit in the woods?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

as a matter of fact the last one did,  he love to hike and stayed several days at a time in the alps, so ya he does shit in the woods.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not too likely.  Metals are going through the roof.  Lead shot - no about $18/bag - was $12/bag last year at this time.  It is supposed to hit $25/bag by the end of this year.  

Next, take a look at gunpowder prices.  8# kegs are now well over $100 even at places like JSC.  Primers are similarly affected.  Remember that all of these things are pegged to oil prices (both manufacturing and transportation costs).  

We're seeing upward movement of rifle and shotshell cartridges in all the deep discount chains.  I have a suspicion that today's 5.56 prices will seem cheap soon.  

Sam

Don't forget brass. China is buying brass like crazy.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sam

Don't forget brass. China is buying brass like crazy.

Actually China is buying Copper like crazy. One of the reasons Im trying to buy all of the silver bullion I can afford to.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:13:00 AM EDT
[#9]

I believe the real question is whether somewhat decent 7.62x51 will ever go down in price . . . . . .

5.56 is pretty cheap in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By OwnedAgain:

as a matter of fact the last one did,  he love to hike and stayed several days at a time in the alps, so ya he does shit in the woods.

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top