Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2011 10:59:36 PM EDT
Tonight was the 2nd time cleaning my AR after building it over a year ago.  The first time I cleaned it, I got the .22cal brass brush stuck just ahead of the chanber.  Had to literally hammer it through.  So what gives?  

My .22cal brush, swab, and jag with even the smallest cut patch will not fit.  (the .22cal jag alone rubs slightly).  They work like a charm on my .22LR though.  The .17cal brush and swab are too small of course.  
I've never had this problem with any other caliber rifle I've owned...
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 3:52:03 AM EDT
New brushes may be diffuclut, or you had the wrong size brush. After forcing it down the bore it is now cloaser to 22 cal size.

1"x1" max. double nap cotton patches are a good and snug fit and requiire 100% accuracy with placing on a jag, or they will be tough.

Well you could get some chamber cast and measure the differences in bore dia between your 22lr and .223. maybe one is "oversized"
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 4:14:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gregory_K:

New brushes may be diffuclut, or you had the wrong size brush. After forcing it down the bore it is now cloaser to 22 cal size.

1"x1" max. double nap cotton patches are a good and snug fit and requiire 100% accuracy with placing on a jag, or they will be tough.

Well you could get some chamber cast and measure the differences in bore dia between your 22lr and .223. maybe one is "oversized"
I did the same thing with a slug of buckshot once, just to play around with a rifle barrel I'd picked up in trade.

Link Posted: 4/22/2011 1:11:28 PM EDT
Some times you gotta talk sweet to her before she'll take the rod.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:58:34 AM EDT
I couldn't get the Jag down the bore with a patch also.  I was using a 22 cal jag from a set.
I went to the fun store got a KleenBore 22 cal jag. It works well with 1x1 patches. It was two or three
dollars.

RJ
Top Top