Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2003 8:56:26 PM EDT
Military moron knows what I'm talking about, Is anyone selling these RASmount vertical foregrips here?

They look like something I would like to have on my rifle, but I haven't seen these in weeks and I thik they are in production (buffertechnology might be selling these).

Anyone know where I can find one here?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one as soon as their available.  I'll be watching the EE like a hawk!  Just hope I can have it by 11/30...
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I want one as soon as their available.  I'll be watching the EE like a hawk!  Just hope I can have it by 11/30...
View Quote

Ditto. Just purchased FF RAS and it definitely needs Tango Down vertical grip.

MN
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:50:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys I was beginning to think I was missing something.  

I'll have to buy one after deer season.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ditto. Just purchased FF RAS and it definitely needs Tango Down vertical grip.
View Quote

I feel your pain--new SIR #50[;)]
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
gimmee, gimmee, gimmee..[smash]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Military moron knows what I'm talking about, Is anyone selling these RASmount vertical foregrips here?
View Quote

hey green0,
they'll be in production VERY SOON, as i understand it. if anyone's selling any presently, it'd be a pre-production sample from the very first batch of about 75. 50 went to crane NSW (they ordered them for T&E) and the rest went to various people who needed samples for evaluation (including me of course - haha [:P])
don't worry, they WILL be available soon.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:03:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Had mine for a week now it is NICE. Had to mod. it to fit my SIR rail . Fits so nice. I grabed it direct from to company. Try to contact them if you want it. Good Luck [sniper]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I allready have a deal rigged with C4IGrant, if it wasn't for my D*$%% 12.5hour Tuesdays I would be at the post office mailing the MO right now (Oh and picking up a EO-tech 552 REV E that is waiting there).

I used all my self control and waited and waited and waited and finally got an EO for $335 (about $10 less than I can get them new.) I don't think the wait was worth it.

Ever since they went to E models the depreciation has been WAY less. 552REV D's are selling for $325 now (I've sold 2 for $300 a piece.)

"I was originally told November 21st"

[b]It's a Communist plot, that is opening day, the liberals didn't want me wacking whitetails with a Tango Down grip on my rifle (it must be considered inhumane or something.)[/b]
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been using the TD VFG on my MfA1 for the last few months now- it is excellent.
Tough to get on or off, but that also means there is no chance of it parting company accidently.
The recess for the tape switch needs to be enlarged to accept the tape switch for the PEQ-2A, which is significantly larger then the SureFire tape switches.
That may mean two models- one military, and one civilian.

Good gear, great company. They have some more great stuff waiting in the wings....
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#13]
[thinking]
Maybe they should make one side with a SureFire sized slot, and the other side with the PEQ sized slot.  Sell it with two filler inserts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Still waiting for my order to be filled...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Kisara- that probably doesn't make sense. We don't use a tape switch with a white light- it makes no sense in the environment in which we work. Once the breach is made, all lights are on. The push button/ constant on switch works best here.
Also, most people prefer to depress thetape switch with the finger tips, meaning the switch will be on the right side for a right hand dominant shooter.
The permutations for the masses are staggering. Some will want one on one side, and the other on the, well other. Some will want that reversed.
And some may want the secondary tape switch on the rail covers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Pat-

I think Kisara meant; instead of making 2 versions of the grip Mil/Civ versions, TD could use the free side of the grip for the larger tapeswitch.  When one or the other tapeswitches are used the grip could simply be turned 180d, for the tapeswitch that's needed to mount onthe side that's desired.

I think I got it.

S2
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]
S2-thanks for the correction- My Bad!

Let me modify my statement.

Kisara- i think you nailed it!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Try using a push button tailcap on an M203 equipped M4. That's why I am getting the SF with pressure pad.

The PEQ-2 pad can be stuck to a pannel or rail and activated with the thumb, (or on an M4/203 it can be put on the reciever of the M203.)

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Hi GreenO,
We don't normally use 203's for DA missions. However, understanding that the line between green and blackside missions sometimes blur, we have M79's available for target marking, masking and such.
Some shooters use the -2A switch on a rail cover, and some even use tape switches on the white light.

However, the push button/ constant on is what works best overall. Once the breach goes the light goes on and stays on until the site is controlled. The push button works well with or without the 203. Once the brach is made, the grip is adjusted to access the button. Afer that, it is a non issue.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pat-

I think Kisara meant; instead of making 2 versions of the grip Mil/Civ versions, TD could use the free side of the grip for the larger tapeswitch.  When one or the other tapeswitches are used the grip could simply be turned 180d, for the tapeswitch that's needed to mount onthe side that's desired.

I think I got it.

S2
View Quote

Hey, that's a GREAT idea!  Anyone tell Tango Down?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, I was talking from a manufacturing standpoint; one plastic mold.  I can only imagine how ackward or unsafe it might be to simultaneously use both sides!  

The new KISARA updated version.  Hehe, I'll only charge one free sample grip for the R&D.

Not to get off topic but,
Quoted:
the push button/ constant on is what works best overall.
View Quote

Sir, what choice do you have regarding these two SureFire switches?  
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/289399/Z48SWO2.jpg[/img]
XxxxxxXxxxxxxxxx(dealer) posted that photo in the lights forum.  They have the same thread pattern.  Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I placed an order with Tangodown LLC on the 21st of October for a Battlegrip and a Vertical Grip.  I was curious about the status of my order so I sent an e-mail to Tangodown and this is the response that I got:

Dear Mr. ********

We apologize for the delay. We are still filling military orders but
anticipate shipping your order in about 2 weeks. Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

TangoDown LLC  

I got this e-mail on Monday (November 24th) so just a little while longer.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:40:31 AM EDT
[#25]
tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...tick...tock...

Oh the waiting....
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#26]
space, i ordered one about the same time and just got the same response from them. originally i was told shipment would occur on 11/15/03. i just want it before xmas. i have a big trip planned and i don't want to spend any money on another kac grip. i understand the delay. i hope the troops are getting theirs as fast as they need them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top