AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 7:24:11 PM EDT
I am ar-illiterate.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I won't swear to it but I belive it was for attaching the grenade launcher.  The 203 grenade launcher uses a different lower handguard so the standard HG is removed and the launcher and its handguard attach in its place.  If I have it wrong I am sure someone will jump in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:53:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a bushmaster 16" A3 carbine with the heavy barrel, so it won't have this cutout?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:00:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Not only will it not have the cutout, but it will be wider than in front of the front sight assembly.
It will be heavy, though that terms relative to the enduser.
I'd recommend the A2/Gov't profile every time.  Esp. if you're going to be working the gun.

/S2
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just ordered a bushmaster 16" A3 carbine with the heavy barrel, so it won't have this cutout?

If I'm not mistaken there are at least 3 versions of these (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).
The first one is full HB even underneath the handguards
The next one is called patrolman's carbine. It has a distinctive M4 profile and is thinner underneath the handguard. The HB part is only found after the front sight.
They also have the DISSY model with the HB all the way.

Check the PART NUMBER of your purchase and compare it with the pix in the BM site.
Then you'll know exactly what you purchased.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They also have the DISSY model with the HB all the way.

As well as the M4 dissy for reduced weight. That is, if they have any in stock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top