Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 7:38:27 PM EDT

I'm sighting in @ 50 yards, Eotech w/BUIS.

My target board is 5'x5' with 10 targets spaced across it, in 5 columns by 2 rows  If I zero with one of the center targets, then move to the right or left, my zero changes.

For example, after zeroing if I move to the upper left, my impact goes low and to the right, about 2" if I then move to the lower right, the impact changes to the right and high, about 2".  The groups are tight.

Is this normal?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:08:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It's your input into the rilfle that is changing, and not the rifles zero.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It's your input into the rilfle that is changing, and not the rifles zero.

Please explain further.  With the Eotech, there should be very little, if any, parallax, especially @ 50 yards.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Free-hand shoot the targets, instead of working off the bench.  This will put the rifle in the same hold, and your cheek weld in the same position from target to target.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Please explain further.  

After confirming your zero on a central target, take aim on a corner target and close your eyes. Count to 3 and open your eyes. Depending on your shooting position, just rotating your torso isn't enough as it will tend to rotate back without visual input.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I will try out the suggestions tomorrow, thanks....

I'm still confused as to why this is happening.   It is my understanding with the dot sights such as the Eotech, as long as the dot was on the target, thats where the bullet would go, regardless of sight picture.   I was also very careful in making sure the front post sight was always centered in the middle of the rear sight.  I was using the smaller hole for sighting in.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If needed, get a sighting level to make sure that you are not canting the rifle from position to posistion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If needed, get a sighting level to make sure that you are not canting the rifle from position to posistion.

Any suggestions on a level?  Only ones I can find are rings designed to be mounted on a scope, nothing for iron sights/flat tops.

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top