Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2005 7:03:35 AM EDT
I see the AMS 40 called  a "stand alone"  sight.  Yet, it appears one still needs to use a front sight.  I normally have an ACOG TA01B on the rifle, and would have wanted a back-up.  I have a screw on handle and front sight tower similar to a mounted one (this is on an AR10 A4, flat top) which I could use if needed, though I'd rather have small ones on the rifle, ready for use.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#1]
My best guess is that by "stand alone" they mean not part of a carry handle assembly. Yes, you still need a front sight. I have the #40L-SP on my rifle.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#2]
My guess is the "stand alone" term came from the fact that the 40 isn't part of a Swan Sleeve rail.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you!  That was the info. I needed, even though I wish it were different.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top