Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:32:01 PM EDT

Seems like the former are quite a bit more expensive than the latter now.

Any opinions as to why?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
B.A.C.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:19:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Becasue the TA01NSN irons dork work well at all and BAC works OK but not spectacularly.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Becasue the TA01NSN irons dork work well at all and BAC works OK but not spectacularly.

Are you saying neither of them is good?   What do you think is better?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Both do a good job, it's up to personal preference.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
o
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speak for yourself. Different folks are able to use it better than others. I guess your just one of the others.

For those of you who have been wondering...

www.trijicon.com/aiming.cfm

That video was awful. I guess I am just one guy who'd never go out and shoot a dear. Can't do that shit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speak for yourself. Different folks are able to use it better than others. I guess your just one of the others.

That video was awful. I guess I am just one guy who'd never go out and shoot a dear. Can't do that shit.

Deer.................................a dear would be a pet name for a wife.  I'd hope you wouldn't be able to shoot a "dear".
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:10:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to the increased desire for a 31, I just got a 01NSN for cheap! and I couldn't be happier with it.  And i really don't see me being all the much happier just because of the BAC. Good idea, great idea for some, but I can do just fine with my little yellow crosshairs
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks to the increased desire for a 31, I just got a 01NSN for cheap! and I couldn't be happier with it.  And i really don't see me being all the much happier just because of the BAC. Good idea, great idea for some, but I can do just fine with my little yellow crosshairs

I'll do ya one better. Because of vision issues I have, I seriously doubt BAC would work for me so I've been considering either the base TA01 or TA01C. Either should cost even less then the NSN model and have red line illumination. I know they NSN also has built on BUIS but they don't seem very practical to me. The NSN also come with a flat top adapter but most people seem to replace it and also I'm considering mounting it on an A2 upper anyway.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know they NSN also has built on BUIS but they don't seem very practical to me.

I'm actually surprised how much i like the BUIS on the NSN. I dont see them as MOA hole punchers at any good range (they might be?? havn't tried it yet) but they're fast on target for CQB. Better then trying to lever off your ACOG and flip up your own sights on the gun, unless ur mouned on a carry handle. Oh and theres a bunch more for sale on the EE right now, most are under 600
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#16]
I like the TAO1(not NSN)  because the fine retilce allows for precise shooting and red IMO is better than amber, at least in my environment.  Obviously it is inferior to a BAC ACOG for inside shooting and speed, but I think a TAO1 with a Dr. Optic on top beats the BAC.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#17]
BAC and fiber optic illumination.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A sighting system that works in some lighting conditions and not in others and never has the POA be the POI is not what I call spectacular.  I can use BAC fine for what it is... a way to get center mass type shots in a hurry without precision when using a magnified optic in most but not all lighting conditions.  A Dr Optic or 1X lit reticle variable is better than BAC for fast, precise shooting in low illumination at close range.  That has nothing with different folks being able to use BAC better than others.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I have both a TA01NSN with an Optima red dot sight piggybacked on it and a TA31 with the triangle reticle.  The BAC works ok for me and the TA31 is a nice neat package.  I wasn't impressed at all with the backup irons on the NSN.  The piggybacked Optima also works well.  I prefer the reticle of the NSN at longer distances.  There is just a lot of personal preference involved.  The BAC doesn't work for some people.  I have no problem with it.  Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Well, my TA31F arrived, and...  I GET IT!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
B.A.C.

Yup, and the TA01 reticles are busy, where as the TA31 reticles are built for speed AND precision.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The biggest thing folks should take away from a thread like this is that they need to try optics for themselves. Just like there is no "wonder" bullet, there is no "wonder" optic. I personally will never own an ACOG again (maybe a 2X compact). I have figured out that I do MUCH better with 1-4 variable scope.
C4

Good think ACOGS are so cheap: you can buy lots until you find the one you like!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:08:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have both a TA01NSN with an Optima red dot sight piggybacked on it and a TA31 with the triangle reticle.  The BAC works ok for me and the TA31 is a nice neat package.  I wasn't impressed at all with the backup irons on the NSN.  The piggybacked Optima also works well.  I prefer the reticle of the NSN at longer distances.  There is just a lot of personal preference involved.  The BAC doesn't work for some people.  I have no problem with it.  Best.  Watch-Six

Agree.  A NSN with a JPoint or Dr mounted on it is a better choice to me than a TA31 as it is faster in CQB.

C4

I have a NSN with Optima also and I have used a TA31F. The more I train the more I feel the TA31 is a better choice. The Optima is fairly paticular on it's cheekweld (or should I say chinweld) and the dot can be washed out. While the battery life is phenomenal I have had it go out at a less than desirable time and maybe it's just the thought that worries me. Plus it's another thing to break.

So I've been thinking about switching to the TA31F: One piece of equipment, one cheekweld, one zero, daytime illumination and no batteries.

Maybe my theories are wrong?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:18:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top