Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 3:49:39 PM EDT
(Let me preface by stating I just pitched in for a few myself.)
Just curious....it seems like every time somebody puts a LaBelle mag up for sale, people are runnin' over each other to snatch them up. I've only been in the Black Rifle fold for a few months, and am still of the mindset that a GI mag is a GI mag. I have already secured a fair supply of magazines...Sanchez, OKay, Center, Adventure Line, Simmons, Parsons. The only reason I ponied up for the LaBelles is to round out the line-up (and to see what all the ruckus is about).
What sets LaBelle apart??
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
There isnt any real difference. And if its a used mag from the military it orobably isnt really a La Belle anyhow. Just the floor plate is. Those get put on other mags all the time.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The plain old milspec Labelle's are just another USGI mag. It's the Teflon coated Labelle's that everyone scrounges for. They look better, function better, and don't get scratched up as easily as the USGI mags do. Note that the Teflon mags are not truly milspec, the only difference being the finish.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I like them because they were made 10 miles from my house. Gotta root for the home team, lol. The buildings empty now, they moved to MN, and then went under (I think).
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe that Labelle was one of the last contracts before the ban, so when you are buying a Labelle you are buying the newest preban USGI magazine, I believe.  Also the green follower did not appear until the 90's so labelle is also one of the few USGI magazines that came originally with a green follower.

So in short, its not really that big of a deal, to buy any other mag if you have a green follower ( 1 buck ) to add to it. Avoid coopers of course, unless you know what to look for.

Link Posted: 10/30/2003 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like them because they were made 10 miles from my house. Gotta root for the home team, lol. The buildings empty now, they moved to MN, and then went under (I think).
View Quote

I have to agree.  At one point I replaced all of my mags with LaBelle's just because they were made in Wisconsin.  In fact every time I go to Milwaukee and drive past the Oconomowoc exit that is all I think of.  But the Teflon mags that were just being sold are the Best Money can buy right now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
The old plant is less than a couple miles for me.  So I guess I root for the ex-home team as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 11:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
How many people on this board can pronounce Oconomowoc?? I had a teacher in high school that toured Europe for a whole summer. He took a shirt with Oconomowoc printed on it and told all the people he met that if they could pronounce it, they got to keep the shirt. Needless to say, it was still in his suitcase when he came back home, lol.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Whatever the reasons (latest pre-ban issue, teflon finish, etc.) Labelles command a certain respect above many other USGI magazines, whether real or imagined. I feel the reason they're so hot right now is this is the time to sell the shit out of 'em before Sept. '04'.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]
oh KON ama wok.  Say it very fast.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top