Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:45:29 PM EDT
Anybody had experience with them...?

Only $19 on their site...

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/accessories/10483.asp
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
about the same price as any other hard plastic case at wal mart

its only injected plastic and foam anyways....

they come free w/ any new bushy rifle--its just a plain case w/ "bushmaster" accross the case
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

they come free w/ any new bushy rifle--its just a plain case w/ "bushmaster" accross the case

Eh true.  Still beats the soft case I have now.

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What!?

Those Bulldog cases are great. They are about $50 cheaper than other soft cases, and are made out of the same tough outer material, and are lined inside. The zippers are also heavy duty - much more than most other soft cases. The stitching is well done also.

Bulldog cases are the best value out there in my opinion. $35 max gets you a nice one. All the other tactical-soft cases run $90+ for the same damn thing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these cases:

These are by far, the best soft cases out there. You can fit full size ARs, as well as shotguns and bolt-action rifles with ease, plus the MOLLE cases can hold magazines, range gear and the zippers are heavy duty, so you know the case is built to take punishment.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#5]
20 bux is cheap, the 20 dollar cases at the sporting goods store are far more flimsy than the Bushy cases.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:01:52 AM EDT
[#6]
think they are crap and toss mine when i get them
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:35:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yep, and CLP discolors the foam inside too. I'll take a softcase over it anyday.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Toss one my way when you get your next one
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:08:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:14:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

grizzlymike.com/military/MILITARYACC/RIFLECASE.GIF

These are by far, the best soft cases out there. You can fit full size ARs, as well as shotguns and bolt-action rifles with ease, plus the MOLLE cases can hold magazines, range gear and the zippers are heavy duty, so you know the case is built to take punishment.

Where did you get that case?

judging by the url of the the photo, Id say probably here
grizzlymike.com/military/MILITARYACC/CONRIFLECASE.HTML

ETA fuck, for only $50, I just might  order one

ETA again, $15 for UPS ground. Oof!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
20 bux is cheap, the 20 dollar cases at the sporting goods store are far more flimsy than the Bushy cases.

I agree. Good value.

My oldest is about four years old and still functions well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What!?

Those Bulldog cases are great. They are about $50 cheaper than other soft cases, and are made out of the same tough outer material, and are lined inside. The zippers are also heavy duty - much more than most other soft cases. The stitching is well done also.

Bulldog cases are the best value out there in my opinion. $35 max gets you a nice one. All the other tactical-soft cases run $90+ for the same damn thing.

I paid like $55 for mine at the local gun shop :-/  It's the BD-421. Didn't feel like ordering it online, but thanks for the heads up :) I feel better now.   The only thing it doesn't have is enough room for all my mags.

I have never used the case yet so I just assumed that the hardcase offereed a little more protection.  But then again, I drive a Mustang, and it's pretty difficult fitting large things into it, so the soft case is probably to my own benefit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

elitetacticalsources.com/images/Linux%20Site%20-%20Images/BD420.jpg

I don't know.  I use my soft case much more often than the hard case. I also find the soft case easier to carry with it's shorter length and the shoulder strap.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know.  I use my soft case much more often than the hard case. I also find the soft case easier to carry with it's shorter length and the shoulder strap.

Yeah I can throw my Bulldog case over my back like a terrorist or a schoolboy
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Order it from here:
http://elitetacticalsources.com/client/details.php?pid=3497#

Ouch.. $10 cheaper at an airsoft website http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-CO-128-RFBAG.htm
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I can throw my Bulldog case over my back like a terrorist or a schoolboy

I don't know about you, but I don't like makeing a dozen trips to the Jeep or from the jeep to the firing line.  Rifle in case is slung over the back - one hand with the range box, the other hand has a ammo can full of ammo.  Much easier
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:40:40 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Order it from here:

thats much better. thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Order it from here:

Looks really good... Any other opinions on RangeMaster products?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Order it from here:

Looks really good... Any other opinions on RangeMaster products?

Ive read alot of GOOD things about that product.  Never seen something bad about it. Ill dig up some of the threads.

Heres one:
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=262205
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#20]
If you had one, you'd know why they're so cheap...

Try closing one with a light mounted on the forend...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What, the bushmaster case or the rangemaster case?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I got a bushy case with my new bushy, and yes just the other day i was thinking how CHEAP as in quality not price. My rifle barely fits and the case is a pain in the butt to close properly. I never did understand how a company can try and sell a quality product then pout it in such a cheap piece of crap with their name on it.

I do soon hope to buy a good case, pelican or alluminum hard side most likely. But if you are looking for low cost i totally recomend the cheapy from walmart etc as its prob just as good as my bushy case and prob lower cost without shipping and the like
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:58:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am sure he is referring to the Bushmaster case.  It is hard to close with anything other than the rifle in there.  When I first got the gun that it came with, the case had rust colored stains in the foam.  No problem with the gun, but it looks odd.  It's a good value for $20, but I don't like leaving anything in there too long.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am sure he is referring to the Bushmaster case.  It is hard to close with anything other than the rifle in there.  When I first got the gun that it came with, the case had rust colored stains in the foam.  It is a good value for $20, but I don't like leaving anything in there too long.

Sorry - yeah, I was talking about the Bushmaster case. My bad.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. Good value.

My oldest is about four years old and still functions well.

If it's anything like the one I got with my rifle, you can pick them up for 10 bux around hunting season. They just don't say bushmaster on the side.

There are better cases for the money at your local sporting goods store.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#26]
I heard the new cases coming from Colt are going to be a double re-enforced cardboard, not the old cheap single layer stuff of the past.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#27]
My local Walmart has the alum cases for I think about $30.00. I hate Walmart but they do have great prices, probably made in China.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I heard the new cases coming from Colt are going to be a double re-enforced cardboard, not the old cheap single layer stuff of the past.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Why are Bushmaster hardcases so cheap?

ever seen one?

If not, you will know why as soon as you do.

They are better than nothing , but barely.

I'd prefer they discounted the gun $20 and ship them in a box.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#30]
well if its' any concellation that was all my bro got when he got his colt a soft shell brown cardboard box with a blue lable. just breaking balls', take it easy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had a couple (still have one for my Vmatch), they are cheap but effective, you will need to pull your scope (if so equipped) before putting the rifle in, I havent had any problem laying the scope in also below the barrel, even with my DPMS LR308 24" and a Super Sniper on an Armalite mount, everything stayed snug.

I wouldnt purposely buy one from Bushmaster, you can probably get the saem thing from Wally World for at least the same price and save the shipping.

One thing for sure, they are great if you are shipping a higj price rifle to a buyer, beats hell out of cardboard and bubble wrap, I use cable ties and duct tape, its not coming open without great difficulty and the rifle is very well protected, then the next guy can chuck it or whatever.

Jeff
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Cheap rifle...cheap case.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#33]
You can also get the rifle cases on eBay and Gunbroker. Similar bags will cost you twice as much.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Cheap rifle...cheap case.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#35]
The Bushmaster hard cases work just fine. They aren't high quality and I don't use them since I don't like hard cases. Mine are just laying around taking up space.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Got the RangeMaster from Elite Tactical yesterday. Awesome case for the price.

For those that have them and got them from ET, It came with this black strap and for the love of me I cant figure out what the hell it's for. Seems like a longer shoulder sling or maybe a backpack strap deal. Anyone have one and know what Im talking about or have any pictures?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:It came with this black strap and for the love of me I cant figure out what the hell it's for.

I didn't know what the hell it was either: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=265547

I got the folowing email from them along with these instructions in Word format.:

Mr. Canon,
Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for the delayed response. The item is a sling that the manufacturer has recently been including with the case. The attachment should explain the sling better. Hope this helps. Please contact me if I may be of further service.

Best regards,
Roy

Roy Haynes
Elite Tactical Sources, Inc.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure I have a Bushy hard case up in the attic........wanna trade?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:It came with this black strap and for the love of me I cant figure out what the hell it's for.

I didn't know what the hell it was either: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=19&t=265547

I got the folowing email from them along with these instructions in Word format.:

Mr. Canon,
Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for the delayed response. The item is a sling that the manufacturer has recently been including with the case. The attachment should explain the sling better. Hope this helps. Please contact me if I may be of further service.

Best regards,
Roy

Roy Haynes
Elite Tactical Sources, Inc.

Gottcha. Thanks a bunch for posting that.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#40]
I can honestly say that I actually had a use for one of the Bushmaster hardcases once. I was sending my M16 rifle off to Walter Birdsong for a refinish. UPS told me that they charge more to ship a hardcase if it is not enclosed in cardboard. I ordered one of the cheap Bushmaster cases, removed it from its cardboard wrapper, put my rifle in the hardcase, then put it back in the cardboard and shipped it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Tag. For the money the case and the acc. seem to be a good deal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top