Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2003 4:38:12 AM EDT
Is there a purpose for the cantilever aimpoint mounts?  Is it specifically to get the sight out over the hand gaurd or is it a co-witness thing?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
While it does place Aimpoint at co-witness height, main reason is moving the scope further forward. For most folks, the futher foward the ML/ML2, the faster the aquisition speed, YMMV.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  Thats pretty much what I expected.  Since I have a SIR I dont need one.  But that damn "it's new and different...and coooool" thing kept churning in my head.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Also allows room for your night vision sights behind the Aimpoint M2.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#5]
and the scope housing appears smaller so when your shooting with both eyes open less of the target area is eclipsed by the scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top