Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2006 3:02:18 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Snicker.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
It'll blend in with the interior of the toolbox on my truck.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that is pretty stupid. But hey if it makes 1 person happy more power to em.

I would almost be willing to wager that at some point in the life of this thread someone will say they like it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
The beauty of that pattern is that if you don't like it, you don't have to put it on your rifle.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:22:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it!!!!!!!!!

I will be willing to wager that the person that posted above thinks the gun is real, and can't find humor in anything!

lighten up

Frank
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like it!!!!!!!!!

I will be willing to wager that the person that posted above thinks the gun is real, and can't find humor in anything!

lighten up

Frank

That rifle is real.  It is a real pattern from LCW.  I would have one of my AKs done in that pattern just to be different.  Not on any of my ARs though, I like them just fine in black.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
For a tool-related AR I would rather have one of the Dewalt yellow CavArms MKIs.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Something new is good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#10]
 How does that camoflage the gun unless you don't want anyone to see it sitting in your truck's rear bed or something?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I think it would be ok camo for snow/urban environment.  Think of a concrete driveway that has just had some light snow on it, the grey of the concrete and the white of the snow would make a pattern similar to that.   Other then a snow/winter environment I don't see much use for that pattern.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Its just a way to customize your rifle.  They sell pink too, but unless you're trying to blend in at a barbie convention, its not about being ninja, its about making it your own.

Take a look at some of the outlandish rigs some benchrest shooters have, after that, the diamondplate will look tame in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 How does that camoflage the gun unless you don't want anyone to see it sitting in your truck's rear bed or something?

Not everybody customizes their rifles for HSLD applications.  That looks like something you might see at a 3 gun match or something similar.  Not camo, just eye-catching.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 How does that camoflage the gun unless you don't want anyone to see it sitting in your truck's rear bed or something?hr

Not everybody customizes their rifles for HSLD applications.  That looks like something you might see at a 3 gun match or something similar.  Not camo, just eye-catching.

Exactly. It's just to make the rifle different and eye catching. Nothing wrong with that.

DW
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. It's just to make the rifle different and eye catching. Nothing wrong with that.

DW

Maybe your right.  It seems like there might actually be an "urban" theme to the pattern, but it is probably just a gimmick.  Possibly suitable for snow, but...  probably more like the pink AR, for a reaction.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't get it either....
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I like it!!!!!!!!!

lighten up

Frank

I think you misunderstood my post. I think it is stupid but I didn't say it was a bad thing if someone likes it. You pay a $800 for a rifle/carbine you can do whatever you want with it as far as I'm concerned. Put rainbow flags and an engraving of Liberace for all I care.

The author of the thread and the subsequent posts thereafter were basically in agreement that it was not to their nor my likings. I added that someone will come along and say they like it, not meaning it was a bad thing to like it. I think the bARbie-15 was ridiculous but hey the guy's daughter loved it and that's all that matters.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:51:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, I wouldn't do it to my AR....it has enough oddity to it already...but I sure as hell would like to see one finished like that just to see how it looks in person.

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Its a free country (in some parts).  It definitely has a character of its own!  I'm sure that the people that think it's gey are the ones that are trying to justify that thin spot in their wanabe M4 barrels
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:04:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Its a free country (in some parts).  It definitely has a character of its own!  I'm sure that the people that think it's gey are the ones that are trying to justify that thin spot in their wanabe M4 barrels

Its the only thin spot I have left.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Why Not?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top