Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2004 2:00:45 PM EDT
I'm trying to recall what company offered the canned heat and reman'ed ammo and to see if anyone has used it and their review.  Thanx.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I've used GA 9mm and 10mm Auto.  Both functioned great for target and plinking.  Good price on the 10mm Auto which can get a little expensive.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I've run about 4000 rounds of their canned heat 9mm through my MP5, and Colt 9mm subguns.  Never had a failure or problem.  Hmmm, come to think of it, time to order another 5K rounds.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know if they still produce the 7.62x39 with the Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets? I've been itching to test some of these for myself since I haven't seen anyone else do so yet. The last time I did a search for that load, I didn't have any luck finding any. I have an assumption that these would be a good load for defensive purposes, but you know what they say about assumptions being the mother of all _____ ups! Therefore without seeing what they will do with my own eyes (or through the eyes of those I trust), they will just remain an interest.

-CH
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anyone know if they still produce the 7.62x39 with the Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets? I've been itching to test some of these for myself since I haven't seen anyone else do so yet. The last time I did a search for that load, I didn't have any luck finding any. I have an assumption that these would be a good load for defensive purposes, but you know what they say about assumptions being the mother of all _____ ups! Therefore without seeing what they will do with my own eyes (or through the eyes of those I trust), they will just remain an interest.

-CH

www.georgia-arms.com/precision.htm

Best da-da-damn deer round for that cartridge and souper accurate.

7.62x39 RUSSIAN (20 Pack)                
G76239A 125gr Ballistic Tip $17.00

Dave S

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Dave. I'd been all over their website and just somehow missed it. I'm good for doing stuff like that. LOL.

Also, thanks for sharing your hunting experience. I have no real doubts that this is great ammo. I would like to see a few rounds fired into gel though, just to be sure. Ohhh man, the thought of having to mix that gel and get it perfect doesn't make me joyous. But now that I've found a commercial refigeration unit where I can store it makes me feel somewhat better about the process.

I might be better off in the end just sending a box of this in to DocGKR and allowing him to take a few shots with it when he has time. I don't have much experience working with gel and fear I would screw up the mixing process. There isn't much room for error.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#8]
C-H,

Just test it on deer at under 250-300yds out of an SKS or AK.

Dave S
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top