Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/18/2003 11:29:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2003 5:22:27 PM EDT by FrankSquid]
I know that Pepsico, Paypal.com and Ebay.com are all anti-gun. Can we compile a list here of other big companies that are also anti-gun. If we can stick together and hurt these giants, then just maybe we have a chance.

CONDUCT GUIDELINES

This is the AR Discussions forum. AR Specific Discussions may include questions and topics about AR15 manufacturers, legal issues, troubleshooting, configurations, parts, services, purchasing advise and any thing else that involves the the legal use of an AR15 rifle. Any topic or discussion that does not apply is subject to being locked and/or moved from this forum.

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:31:48 AM EDT
Add American Spirit Arms since they don't build anything that will shoot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:11:09 PM EDT
You know a lot of people give ebay/paypal crap for not allowing the sale of firearms, but has anyone actually proven that they have an anti-gun agenda? It makes sense to me that they might just be covering their corporate asse[t]s from liability. If you consider all the illegal transactions that already occur on ebay, adding illegal gun running to the list doesn't seem to sound very financially feasable.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:54:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2003 12:55:47 PM EDT by BigIck]
Originally Posted By jzdziarski: [b][i]adding illegal gun running[/i][/b] to the list doesn't seem to sound very financially feasable.
View Quote
You are a troll aren't you...your words...[i]illegal gun running[/i] just another uninformed anti-gunner that thinks if you give something a new name it will become "evil". There is nothing illegal about purchasing firearms over the internet. [b][size=4]ALL[/size=4][/b] firearms transfers that are done interstate (that's from state to state) have to be done inaccordance with [b][size=4]ALL[/size=4][/b] federal laws, processed through FFL dealers and subject to the NICS check. [b][size=4][i]How is that illegal gun running?[/i][/size=4][/b] I know, I know in your liberal anti-gun mind, [b][size=4]ALL[/size=4][/b] gun sales are illegal gun running..... [:k]
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:57:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ardy: I know that Pepsico, Paypal.com and Ebay.com are all anti-gun. Can we compile a list here of other big companies that are also anti-gun. If we can stick together and hurt these giants, then just maybe we have a chance.
View Quote
This was compiled by NRA-ILA and a link posted on packing.org just a few days ago. It includes well known individuals, organizations, entertainers and businesses that are antigun.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:00:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BigIck:
Originally Posted By jzdziarski: [b][i]adding illegal gun running[/i][/b] to the list doesn't seem to sound very financially feasable.
View Quote
You are a troll aren't you...your words...[i]illegal gun running[/i] just another uninformed anti-gunner that thinks if you give something a new name it will become "evil". There is nothing illegal about purchasing firearms over the internet. [b][size=4]ALL[/size=4][/b] firearms transfers that are done interstate (that's from state to state) have to be done inaccordance with [b][size=4]ALL[/size=4][/b] federal laws, processed through FFL dealers and subject to the NICS check. [b][size=4][i]How is that illegal gun running?[/i][/size=4][/b] I know, I know in your liberal anti-gun mind, [b][size=4]ALL[/size=4][/b] gun sales are illegal gun running..... [:k]
View Quote
Holy Shit ease up there TURBO! He just asked a question he didn't need to get beat relentlessly with the liberalyouareeitherwithusoragaintsuscommiebas­tageantiamerican bat. There is way to much of that going on these days he is on a gun forum and has a few posts I think it's safe to say he isn't anti gun. lol
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:05:55 PM EDT
I think you completely missed my point. It wasn't that I am against online purchasing of firearms - I buy stuff off Gunbroker all the time. My point was that a lot of people see eBay's T&C and just assume they're anti-gun, when there is certainly enough justification to want to cover one's ass in eBay's type of business. Considering that eBay does virtually nothing to prevent fraud and other crimes from going on (unless they cost eBay money), I was suggesting that eBay isn't nearly responsible enough to manage online firearm e-tailing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:10:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/18/2003 1:12:40 PM EDT by BigIck]
It just sounded strange.......
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:17:02 PM EDT
Unfortunately, when I was unemployed, I used Monster.com to post my resume/search for jobs. The head of Monster, McKelvey (spelling??) is using all of the profits from Monster to push his Anti-gun agenda…Americans for Gun Safety…the new anti-gunners on the scene. I have a job so I won't use them ever again....besides, they didn't get me a job or didn't even get any hits from them....except more SPAM
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:21:12 PM EDT
Monster suffers from the disease of "too much information". I never found it useful. I like to stick with more specific boards like "computerjobs.com" if you're in the field. Who even sucks more is brainbuzz.com. I posted an outstanding resume on their board about 3 or 4 years ago and due to their lack of audience and poor search engine, it's only had six reads.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:32:27 PM EDT
Just try to delete an account on Monster....as bad as the Gub'net
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 1:39:07 PM EDT
edit your e-mail address to a bogus address. The account doesn't really go away but it ain't your problem anymore. Then if you ever need to use it again begin an account with another e-mail addy.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:22:13 PM EDT
my "new" email address is NotMe2@There.com....all of the rest of the fields are numbers.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:27:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jzdziarski: You know a lot of people give ebay/paypal crap for not allowing the sale of firearms, but has anyone actually proven that they have an anti-gun agenda? It makes sense to me that they might just be covering their corporate asse[t]s from liability. If you consider all the illegal transactions that already occur on ebay, adding illegal gun running to the list doesn't seem to sound very financially feasable.
View Quote
I personally don't see what gives paypal the right to tell me what I can and cannot use my credit card for. FUCK 'EM
Top Top