Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:53:42 PM EDT

And does anybody sell one that doesn't require any modifications to the magazine?

I tried to read the rra/sten FAQ thread, but the link is broken once you get past the first few pages!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:24:47 AM EDT
Nobody?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:01:52 PM EDT
SNS makes the only sten adapter that puts the mag in the center of the magwell. IIRC it is for the oly system, but looks like it is made from colt blocks. the pictures i have seen have had a groove where the ejector goes. maybe you could put it back in and use with the colt system.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/18/2005 10:26:04 PM EDT by Dawg180]
No one makes an adapter to use Sten mags in a Colt/RRA system.

[ETA] I actually might be mistaken. Do a search for Hahn on brownells website- they may actually have one, although I think you need the cavarms mk II lower to use it...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:45:56 AM EDT

There's a thread about making this a possibility, but the thread itself is mangled, so I wanted to see if anybody had any updates.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:19:34 PM EDT
Nobody manufactures a Sten mag adapter for the Colt system.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/19/2005 7:41:47 PM EDT by Lakemoor]
SNS did a while back but now iss only doing sten mags for colt set up back but now he is only doing it for the oly system. I sent my RRA slab slide upper to him and he made it a Oly system. Bought his mag block and had him notch some sten mags. It looks Colt style but is really Oly style. Got the idea from his own gun and couple others here have done the same thing.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:40:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2005 1:44:22 AM EDT by Pirate_Sniper]

Originally Posted By Dehammer:
Nobody manufactures a Sten mag adapter for the Colt system.

(incorrect)

SNS is the ONLY manufacturer to make mag blocks for both the Colt and Oly styles that are interchangable between the two.... by adding or removing the ejector.

SNS does have some newer 2nd gen blocks in the white for STEN mags to be used with the Colt style in stock, however I think they are only doing a limited number of those as they are focusing on the dedicated Oly style nowadays.

Rebel Sharpshooter

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:42:23 AM EDT
Colt System = Colt style bolt, barrel, and ejector

From what I have seen........SNS only sells adapters that work with Oly bolts, barrels, and spring ejectors. Fact is........Colt bolts won't work right with Sten mags. I am sure guys have tinkered with all sorts of conversions mix and match mags and bolts to varying degrees of success. If someone has an odd setup post some close up pics of it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:12:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dehammer:
Colt System = Colt style bolt, barrel, and ejector

From what I have seen........SNS only sells adapters that work with Oly bolts, barrels, and spring ejectors. Fact is........Colt bolts won't work right with Sten mags. I am sure guys have tinkered with all sorts of conversions mix and match mags and bolts to varying degrees of success. If someone has an odd setup post some close up pics of it.

Yes.... colt = colt bolt, barrel & ejector. SNS first made STEN mag adapters for the Colt style a couple years ago( '03?), back during the AWB, so people wouldn't have to spend $50-$120 for Hi-cap 9mm mags for their Colt 9mm rifles. By removing the ejector which was/is needed for the colt style... a person could use the same magwell block with the Oly style uppers. Yes.. they did work.. (1st gen. OK, 2nd. much much better) STEN mags with the COLT style uppers. SNS has been phasing out the Colt style in favor of the the dedicated Oly style(no ejector or ejector slot), however they will make up one if you ask them to.. I believe at no eaxtra cost. They no longer make ejectors though... so those have to be picked up from RRA.

I have one of the first 1st gen blocks with the ejector slot, however I only use it with Oly 9mm uppers. Works awesome for me
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:19:38 AM EDT
My suggestion to you is to go directly to the SNS web site. There you will find that they do indeed have adapters for Colt uppers. As already stated they are moving more towards the Oly setup but the blocks are identical except for the fact that the new ones don't have the ejector slot cut. Their site says that they still have some of the older style in the white. Go straight to the horses mouth as opposed to listening to people who think that they know what's what.
Top Top